This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
Dear HR Department,
I'm responding to your ad seeking a candidate who has a strong understanding of management and investigative techniques to fill your position. With 20+ years in the legal field, I possess a track record of achievements and leadership skills that I can bring to benefit your team.
I have successfully built a reputation as an excellent cross-examiner and am recognized for my superior management skills. My broad experience and range of skills make me an ideal candidate for this position. Thanks to my robust legal background, I bring many areas of expertise to the table, including witness management, Ontario regulatory processes and laws, and research and analysis.
Based on my experience and strong commitment to go above and beyond in all areas of legal management, I'm confident I can deliver similar results for your organization. I have enclosed my resume for your professional review. I look forward to speaking with you soon to discuss this position and my qualification in further detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.
BITA MAFTOUN email@example.com • 647-289-2173
Paralegal licensed by the Law Society of Ontario, possessing 20 years of experience working in law firms and private practice. Recognized by peers and the Court as a capable cross-examiner. A competent communicator with excellent written and verbal skills. Works well in teams and independently. Organized and detail-oriented, able to deliver top- quality work under tight deadlines. Possess clerical and administrative skills required in a law environment.
Seeking to apply paralegal experience to the business sector, focusing on claims management, investigation and advocacy.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Negotiation & Settlements
- Collection of A/R
- Case Management
- Office Management
- Legal Documents
- Contracts & Releases
- Witness Preparation
- Investigation & Research
- Office Administration
- Client Attraction & Retention
- Policy Development
- Risk Management
- Procurement & Collections
- Claims Analysis & Investigation
- Attend trials and hearings, skilled advocate and professional, committed to client services.
- Capable cross-examiner, experienced questioning witnesses. Sample transcripts available.
- Maintaining client accounts, sending notices, and collecting past-due invoices.
- Draft questions for examinations, discovery, demands for particulars, and requests to admit.
- Draft pleadings, notice of motions, affidavits, factum, and any other documents.
- Familiar with: Construction Act, Insurance Act. Repair and Storage Liens Act, Condominium Act, Residential Tenancies Act, Commercial Tenancies Act, Motor Vehicle Dealers Act, Consumer Protection Act, and Human Rights Code.
- Familiar with the Rules of Civil Procedure, Rules of Small Claims Court, and any Tribunal.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret legislation and draft policies accordingly.
- Super experienced in researching case laws.
- Can prepare Books of Authorities, as well as trial and mediation/arbitration briefs.
- Has successfully represented clients at Courts, Tribunals, and Discipline Hearings.
- Manages difficult claims to obtain good outcomes expeditiously and economically.
- Collect on balance dues, processing and researching disputed accounts receivables, process payments and credit notes.
- Conduct investigations, negotiation, and resolve high exposure claims, involving complex issues and/or litigation and /or negotiate and deal with third-party service providers
- training, developing and coaching of less experienced staff
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Counsel, third-party vendors such as court reporters, experts, conveyancers, and others
- Ability to properly evaluate a value of a claim in terms of budgeting, identifying risk factors and risk management and solution findings.
- Extreme attention to important hidden details that usually others miss in volumes documents
Bita Maftoun Page 2 of 2
John David Martin, Barrister & Solicitor
Paralegal & Executive Assistant 2019 to Present
In charge of monitoring client accounts, sending account statements and collecting balance dues. Make outbound calls to customers. Processing and researching disputed accounts receivables. Process payments and credit notes; Send past due notices. Maintain accurate records and invoices at all times. Conduct investigations into allegations of negligence, misconduct, and inappropriate activity against a client and report the outcome of these investigations to senior Counsel and respond to litigation threats against the client by diffusing the situation.
Explain claims management procedures to new clients; after investigation, report and present complex and contentious outcomes. Develop and maintain strong relationships with Counsel, third-party vendors such as court reporters, experts, conveyancers, insurance adjusters, and others. Train new staff on office procedures and policies.
Provide support to litigation matters by planning and executing investigations and claim management. Investigate, negotiate, and resolve high-exposure claims involving complex issues and/or litigation. Resolve claims efficiently and with less cost. Drive effective subrogation processes. Ensure unpursued claims are settled in accordance with settlement guidelines
Self Employed – Bita Maftoun
Paralegal 2016 to 2019
Responsible for recruiting new clients, drafting pleadings, records, factums, research case-laws, preparing books of authorities and witness statements, investigating and obtaining or subpoena documents, and attending and arguing at trials/hearings. Assess risk, draft a risk management memo to clients, and accept written instructions. Pro-bono matters.
Bita Maftoun Accident Benefit Enterprise
Paralegal 2000 to 2013
Responsible for recruiting new clients. Preparing and delivering legal documents, including mediation briefs, attending examinations and hearings, negotiating settlement agreements. Responsible for Pro-bono matters, particularly in regards to human rights and/or employment.
Business Management & Accounting
Azad University, Iran
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
Licensed Paralegal, Law Society of Ontario | 2008 to Present Licensed Paralegal, Financial Commission of Ontario | 2004 to 2008