Bantrel March 2014 - March 2015Process Specialist for Suncor Energy – Plant 86 Tailings Booster Station to Sand Placement Area 8. Basic and Detail engineering of slurry booster pump service changed from thin fine tailings (TFT) to regular tailings (RT). Main duties included PFDs, PIDs, LDTs, instrument datasheet and sizing of gland water booster pumps.
Process Specialist for Cenovus Energy – Bitumen Processing Complex. Conceptual engineering of atmospheric distillation unit to separate bitumen and recover the diluent. Plant capacity 64,000 sbpd of bitumen. Main duties included pfd’s and preliminary sizing of tanks, pumps and vessels, glycol system.
Excelsior engineering May 2012 - February 2014- Husky Energy, Ansell Plant, Alberta – Ansell Gas Deep-cut Plant Pre-FEED. Conceptual engineering of deep-cut gas and compression plant.
- PDVSA Petrocedeño (J.V. between PDVSA, Total and Statoil), San Diego de Cabrutica, Venezuela – Enhanced Oil Recovery Project. Detail engineering for heavy crude oil production with SAGD and HASD technology for oil production.
- Process Engineer for Cardon IV SA (J.V. between ENI, Repsol and PDVSA), Paraguana Venezuela – Perla Development. Detail engineering for an onshore plant gas facilities, including gas and condensate separation, gas compression and Hg removal, and condensate stabilization.
WorleyParsons November 2007 - March 2012- Suncor Energy Inc, Fort McMurray, Alberta Canada – HT4 Booster Pump House. New slurry booster pump to be installed in the Hydrotransport Line 4 from Plant 82 to Plant 300.
- Suncor Energy Inc, Fort McMurray, Alberta Canada - U1 Coker Naphtha Cooling Limitation. Coker naphtha rundown to be cooled before storage using existing heat exchanger.
- Suncor Energy Inc, Fort McMurray, Alberta Canada – U2 Hydrotreated MUD. Naphtha diluent has to be recovered and hydrotreated before being resent to process units, due to environmental regulation
- Suncor Energy Products, Sarnia, Ontario Canada – Relief Device Verification iPrsm. Verify the adequacy of existing pressure relief devices within the Suncor Sarnia refinery. Several units were checked, like Alkylation, BTX, Crude distillation and Gas Plant. iPrsm (Farris Engineering Services program) was used to verify the pressure relief valves orifice size, inlet and outlet piping losses and backpressure for several contingencies.
Vepica January 2005 - October 2007- SINCOR (J.V. between PDVSA, Total and Statoil), San Diego de Cabrutica, Venezuela – Enhanced Oil Recovery Project. Basic engineering for heavy crude oil production with SAGD technology and design of substation for diluted oil production. Plant capacity 20,000 sbpd of extra heavy oil.
- PEMEX Refinacion, Minatitlan Refinery, Mexico – Expansión Refinería General Lázaro Cárdenas Minatitlan III Project, HDD plant. Detail engineering of Diesel Hydrotreater unit based on a basic engineering made by Instituto Mexicano del Petroleo (IMP), in 1998, of desulphuring hydrotreating reactor. Plant capacity 37,400 sbpd.
- Rabigh Refining and Petrochemical Company (J.V. between Aramco Overseas Co and Sumitimo Chemical Co LTD), Rabigh Refinery, Saudi Arabia – Amine Regeneration Unit and Sour Water Stripper Unit. Detail Engineering of basic project made by Shaw Stone & Webster LTD of amine regeneration and sour water stripper plants.
PDVSA Intevep September 2001 - March 2003- PDVSA, Paraguana Refining Complex, Venezuela – Opportunities of proprietary technologies of PDVSA in CRP. Visualization of an application of technologies (Delay–Coker, AquaconversionTM, HDHPLUSTM).
- PETROZUATA (Join-Venture between PDVSA and ConocoPhillip), Jose Petrochemical Complex, Venezuela – Project Petrozuata III: Conceptual Engineering HDHPLUSTM / SHP. Conceptual design of hydrocracker and hydrotreater unit for heavy / extra heavy vacuum residue. Plant capacity 75,000 sbpd.
Engineer in Training
Envases Metalicos del Centro April 2000 - May 2001Engineer in Training. Performed the auditory of manufacture system, JD. Edwards. Revision of productive process in several departments. Implementation of control procedures for internal material transferences. Responsible for quality control of raw material. Responsible for the waste material monthly report of four manufacture departments
Universidad Simon Bolivar
2003 - 2007
(4 years) Miranda
Universidad Simon Bolivar
1993 - 1999
(6 years) Miranda