January 2012 - at Present
Certified Data Destruction and Information Security
Disposing of Old IT Assets and Electronic Waste
Old Assets and Electronic waste (E-Waste) are made up of all types of electrical and electronic products including servers, computers, mobile phones, laptops, printers, etc. All of which are either no longer useful or unwanted due to obsolescence and the availability of newer and better technologies.
Electronics contain hazards such as mercury, lead and cadmium, all of which are scientifically proven to have adverse effects on human health and wildlife. Waste and hazardous materials are regulated by governments and industry standards. Electronics also contain private information which is also regulated by governments and industry standards.
Greentec provides secure and compliant recycling solutions to industrial, commercial and institutional clients.
Government Regulations with End of Life Electronics and Waste
• Ontario Environmental Protection Act R.S.O
• Ontario Waste Diversion Act, 2002 Reg. 320/09
• Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, R.S.O. 1990
• Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999)
• Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) S.C. 2000
Industry Standards pertaining to End of Life Electronics and Waste
• ISO 14001:2004 Certified by SGS
• Electronics Recycling Standards
• OHSAS 18001 health and Safety standard
• National Association of Information Destruction (NAID)
Greentec services include:
• Certified data destruction services
• Onsite chain-of-custody
• Secure Information Technology Asset Disposition Services
• Compliant end-of-life Electronics Recycling
• Environmental reporting
• Responsible and environmentally sound electronics recycling
Greentec services comply with information security and environmental regulations.