About James Goodwin:
- Over 20 years’ experience in heavy industry, mining, mineral exploration, milling, assembly, public/non-profit sector, non-unionized, unionized, and multi-site/jurisdictional environments.
- Exceptional knowledge of overall management and operations functions acquired through progressive experience through to a senior management level.
Nov 2006 to present – US Operations Manager, Cabo Group Companies. Cabo provides specialized mineral drilling services with divisions in Canada, Panama, Albania, and United States. Reporting to the President and CEO, support Canadian operations and provide direct operations management for all US Operations.
Conduct US market research, soliciting new clients, bidding, and negotiating contract terms. Develop project budgets and plans, hiring personnel, and managing drill operations. Organize and execute job shipments, customs, trucking, logistics, venders, mobilizing equipment and supplies, and OHS. Oversee cost controls, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash flows. Manage all client relations, community relations, and provide day-to-day direct supervision to project supervisors and crews for US operations.
- Solicited new clients and develop revenue lines for Cabo Drilling (Nevada) Inc. from scratch in multiply states.
- Sourced and developed trusted suppliers and vendors to support operations.
- Improved equipment.
- Sourced and developed human resources capacity.
- Maintained profitability on all projects.
1999 to Oct 2006 - Management Consultant, Grand River Hospital - Kitchener, Ontario. Grand River Hospital is Ontario’s largest multisite community hospital and cancer treatment center. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, provided day-to-day support related to human resources policies, collective agreement provisions and benefits programs and specificized support in attendance and disability management.
- Implementation of attendance management and disability management programs across two hospitals and four collective agreements.
- Developed and implemented “Spectrum of Health Program” and “Attendance Recognition Program”.
- Chaired two Labour-Management Accommodation Committees.
- Successfully oversaw decreases in average sick days, STD/LTD cases, grievances, and overall disabilities costs over a 5-million-dollar portfolio.
1990 to 1999 - Manager, Personnel and Safety, Boart Longyear Inc. - Haileybury & North Bay, Ontario. Boart Longyear is an international equipment manufacturer and contract drilling company servicing the international mining and mining exploration industry. Provided support to the Company’s Canadian contracting and manufacturing operations.
- Started as a field training supervisor travelling extensively (75%), progressed to Manager providing leadership to five (5) human resources staff and four (4) OHS field staff.
- Established and implementing safety and personnel policies and procedures across merger.
- Introduced revised company-wide human resources policies, employee benefit and RRSP programs, skills training program (Common Core), and occupational health and safety program across branches and a merger.
- Spearheaded and implemented “Towards Excellence” improvement program within Contracting division.
- Consolidated and implementation programs including NOSA Integrated Five Star System for Ghana, Africa operations, and behaviour-based safety programs for Canadian operations.
Falconbridge Nickel Mines – Onaping Mill, Hudson Bay Mining & Smelting, Campbell Red Lake Mines
CERTIFICATES, MEMBERSHIPS, LICENCES
- Certificate of Mediation I & II, University of Waterloo/Arbitration & Mediation Institute Ontario
- Certificate in Loss Control Leadership & Loss Control Management – DNV
- Certificate in Action Planning “Towards Excellence” – Tom Peters & Zenger Miller
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) – Ontario Member
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
Outlook, Microsoft; Word, Excel, and Power Point, Crystal Report Writer 9.0, Empath HRIS, and ESP.
References and Accomplishments Available Upon Request
- Business Management Degree Program – Athabasca University
- Three-year Diploma of Technology in Engineering - Cambrian College Institute of Applied Arts and Technology
Professionals who compete with James
Professionals in the same Upper Management / Consulting sector as James Goodwin
Professionals from different sectors near Waterloo, Ontario
Other users who are called James
Jobs near Waterloo, Ontario
PepsiCo Cambridge, Canada Part time
Overview The Role: · PepsiCo has current openings for a Part-Time Sanitation Workers. · The Company: · PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada's top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoy ...
HK Travel Centres L.P. Cambridge, Canada
Education: · Secondary (high) school graduation certificate Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years Work site environment Outdoors Wet/damp Noisy Hot Tasks Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate ...
ParaMed Home Health Care Guelph, ON, Canada
Internet service providers may also use other standard web-based technologies to analyze the movements of you while accessing the Website. These technologies help the Extendicare Group ascertain the e ...