Vice President, Human Resources
About Jamie Harris:
24 years of Human Resources experience and have spent the last 16 of those years in leadership roles within several different industries and environments. I have demonstrated an ability to learn the business, build and implement effective HR strategies and teams, create culture, lead and coach senior leaders and HR teams through change and build relationships at all levels. My background includes significant experience with mergers and acquisitions and leading organizations through change. I am currently looking for a leadership opportunity where I can be involved in the strategy build for a dynamic organization.
Senior Director, People & Culture Business Partners August 2022 - present
E INC. is comprised of two businesses in the automotive industry, EBlock which provides a digital auction platform that combines the buying experience dealers know and love, and the unlimited reach and extensive audience that wholesalers demand and EDealer which is the Canadian automotive industry’s leading provider of inventory merchandising and marketing software.
- Leading a team of 6 People & Culture Business Partner throughout Canada and the U.S., contribute to the HR strategy for the frontline support to the business.
- Participating as a member of the due diligence team and lead the HR integration of two U.S. auction acquisitions to date.
- Developed a “Stay Interview” framework and implemented cross functional meetings with 10% of the organization in advance of a new online companywide Engagement Survey enroute to developing strategies to engage team members and improve company culture.
- Led and coordinated two “reduction in force” exercises to right size the company for future opportunities.
- Provided leadership, consultation, and coaching to senior management teams on a broad range of HR disciplines including employee relations and performance issues as well as employment policies and legal compliance.
Vice President, Human Resources (interim role) February 2022 - present
CAST is a software developer in the live entertainment industry. The role was initially an interim Vice President position where I committed to setting up several key HR elements and has since evolved into a consulting arrangement working with the business on some continued HR strategies and initiatives as well as guiding some of the company’s internal resources on day-to-day HR issues.
- Source and implement a Human Resource Management, Time & Attendance and Payroll system to automate many HR and payroll processes, provide more effective record keeping and document management and track key HR metrics.
- Review existing employment policies and processes and design and implement new Employee Handbook
- Provide advice and lead LMIA visa application process for senior executive taking on a new leadership role within Canada that will be critical to the company’s future.
- Lead talent acquisition activities to support continued growth of the Company and its products.
- Source a high performing Human Resource professional and coach them to lead the HR function and become a critical component of the company’s future direction.
Vice President, Human Resources January 2015 – September 2021
SIM Video International Inc.
Sim is a leading supplier of production equipment, workflow and post-production solutions for the film and television industry generating over $150 million in revenues per year. I built an HR strategy and team of high performing HR professionals that was a shared service across our businesses in post-production, camera, lighting and grip and studios. I also established strong relationships in an environment of extremely talented, creative professionals across 5 locations in the U.S. and Canada while maintaining the entrepreneurial spirit and culture that had led to so much success. I was responsible for all aspects of our strategy relating to talent attraction, management, and development. I led the HR due diligence and integration for 5 acquisitions during my time with the company and successfully took them through the sale of three lines of the business.
- Developed and implemented a multi-year HR strategy throughout North America along with a successful, high-performance team in HR and Payroll throughout California, British Columbia and Ontario.
- Drove all aspects of HR due diligence, employee communications and integration for 5 strategic acquisitions.
- Implemented a consistent and confidential annual employee feedback survey and functional business groups to engage in creating and maintaining a consistent culture.
- Overhauled employee benefit programs in both Canada and the U.S. and implemented employer-matched retirement savings plans throughout North America.
- Partnered with several industry associations and educational institutions to create employment brand and increase diversity in applicant pool.
Associate Director, Human Resources March 2007 – January 2015
MCAP Service Corporation
MCAP is Canada’s largest independent provider of real estate and equipment financing with approximately $160 billion in assets under its administration. Working directly with the President, CFO and VP, Human Resources, recommended and initiated best practices as a Human Resources leader for the Residential and Commercial Mortgage divisions of the company.
- Led the review and redesign of the Company’s compensation programs including the evaluation of all roles, an external market analysis and the design of base pay and incentive structures.
- Successfully completed the acquisition of a key market competitor resulting in the onboarding of 130 new employees. Involved in all aspects of HR due diligence, employee communications and integration.
- Developed and implemented a Talent Management/Assessment program which resulted in improved employee development and engagement, increased internal movement and improved strategic planning.
- Partnered with other senior members of the HR team to implement new payroll and human resources systems that allowed the Company to manage the workforce more effectively.
- Consulted with senior executives on effective organizational structures and succession plans that contributed to the achievement of objectives for their lines of business.
Manager, Human Resources November 2006 – March 2007
Human Resources Manager October 2004 – April 2005
Cornerstone Group of Companies
Human Resources Manager (contract position) September 2003 – September 2004
Harlequin Enterprises Ltd.
Human Resources Manager March 2001 – July 2003
dmg world media
Human Resources Coordinator June 1999 – March 2001
Mintz & Partners LLP
Certificate in Human Resource Management 1999
Humber College - Dean's Honor Role
Bachelor of Arts: Social Science - Sociology Major. 1998
University of Western Ontario
Professionals who compete with Jamie
Professionals in the same Human Resources sector as Jamie Harris
Professionals from different sectors near Hamilton, Ontario
Other users who are called Jamie
Jobs near Hamilton, Ontario
People Corporation Mississauga, Canada
Job Description · We are seeking a Customer Service Representative to join our BPA team in Mississauga. · A Customer Service Representative acts as an interface between customers and the company by a ...
ILAHSOL Technologies Inc Mississauga, Canada
Education: Bachelor's degree · Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years · Tasks · Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe netw ...
Concepts (GTA) Inc. Burlington, ON, Canada
This is a Burlington ON based Retail Meat Manager opening with the following responsibilities: · Manages the Meat Department · Supervises the day-to-day operations of the Meat Department, assigning ...