7 years in banking, help HNW & commercial clients
About Jason Zhang:
Helped high-net-worth insurance clients and private corporations acquire credit financing.
Wealth One Bank of Canada
Senior Manager, Business Development (East Canada) Sep 2016 - Present
Toronto, ON Canada
Responsible for developing a new Federal Tier 1 bank's regional businesses; focused on secured lending, commercial real-estate and internal business consulting.
– Secured lending (Life Insurance): Helped high-net-worth insurance clients and private corporations acquire credit financing via accumulated cash surrender value as collateral or via immediate financing arrangement to obtain new insurance policy. Responsible to review clients' full financial picture and carry out feasible credit plans. Established a strong network of 200+ HNW clients across the GTA region. Provided additional solutions in residential or commercial lending based on clients' various needs.
– Institution Partnership: Actively seeking new corporate partners in major insurance companies, wealth management firms, family offices, and brokerages, etc., to promote bank's insurance lending product line, held presentations, seminars to ally with strategic partners (located 60+ partners); led the business growth from ground zero to 3-digit annual increase.
– Commercial lending: Initialized new deal and managed existing loan portfolios in commercial real estate, construction, term financing of income-producing properties and syndicated loans; prepared credit proposals, performed cash flow analysis, debt service coverage, key ratios caculation and due diligence report; presented credit application to underwrting for approval; periodically review portfolio to monitor it aligns with bank's policy.
– Capital Raise : Participated in bank's equity raise, helped organize road shows, info sessions to discuss company's future outlook, business
structure and new capital pricing; discovered potential investors and referred to CEO.
– Internal Consulting : Strategic consultation in a team of 5 to executives on corporate brand and positioning strategy, new product launching and re-construct business models; 4 proposed projects was approved and successfully landed, including switching from "to C" towards “B2B” model of 3 main business lines; transformed from a traditional bank to fully-digital bank, created a strong brand image and cut significant fixed assets costs.
JP Morgan Chase & Co.
Relationship Banker Dec 2012 - Nov 2013
Eugene, OR U.S.
– Cultivated new/existing portfolio from high-net-worth individuals to mid-size businesses, marketed tailored products to serve clients' needs in
lending, cross-border banking, cash-flow solutions, and investment.
– Ranked #21 in 32,000 bankers (Q3. 2013). Hands on experience in financial planning and credit structures.
MBA, Schulich School Of Business (Canada Top 3) Jun 2016
Overseas Exchange program (5 Months): Universität Mannheim (Germany)
University Of Oregon
Finance And Economics, Bachelor Jun 2012 Eugene, OR
Awarded school's top ICSP scholarship & Business Leadership scholarship
Professionals in the same Banking / Loans sector as Jason Zhang
Professionals from different sectors near Toronto, Ontario
Other users who are called Jason
Jobs near Toronto, Ontario
Direct Recruiters Inc. Toronto, ON, Canada
Seeking Product Specialist · ~ Our client: · Manufacturer of standard motor controls and drives, specializing in their low and medium voltage soft starters · ~$28M company in Canada and over $200M w ...
Exp Global Inc. Markham, Canada $80,000 - $120,000 per year
Electrical Project Manager (Buildings) · Markham, ON · At EXP, we're driven to provide innovative solutions for the world's built and natural environments. As a team of engineers, architects, designer ...
Demand For HR Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Our client is looking for an IAM Information Security Engineer with experience in requirements gathering, selecting, and designing security solutions and driving the implementation of these security s ...