This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
A freelance translator, originally from Sweden, working in translation English → Swedish.
With a background in both federal government and education in culture I have an understanding of administrative language can provide cultural and historical knowledge if needed.
Linnaeus University 2009
Cultural leadership, BA (Sweden)
Translation Consultant 02/21 - Present
Binogi Studios Ltd - Halifax, Canada
Translation consultant for Binogi’s digital learning platform from Swedish to English. Tasks include:
- Translation of documents in English and Swedish.
- Check and correct grammatical and spelling errors in diverse documents.
- Insure that the lesson plans is culturally accurate to prevent confusion from users
Art Curator 08/16 - 12/20
Stockholm University - Stockholm, Sweden
Responsible for Stockholm University’s art collections and curation.
- Managed all paper and digital documentation related to accessions, loans, transfers and other collections-related transactions.
- Received, photographed, cataloged, researched and prepared art objects for display for the University's collection.
- Moved and handled various types of artwork with exceptional care, following all set requirements from the Public Art Agency.
- Assisted in planning, implementation and oversight of restoration projects.
- Drove operational improvements which resulted in savings and improved profit margins.
- Created new communication methods via audio guides, tours and texts
- Developed internal and external art collaborations
Desk Officer 08/14 - 08/16
Government Offices of Sweden - Stockholm, Sweden
Responsible for managing art holdings, loans, and project-led art installations.
- Applied advanced administrative and analytical skills in overseeing day-to-day operational activities.
- Kept accounts and records current by actively pursuing error resolutions and independently correcting problems.
- Aligned office departments and increased inter-department communication and data sharing by implementing new workflows.
- Evaluated office documentation to check accuracy and complete missing pieces, avoiding delays and maximizing team productivity.
Art Educator 09/09-08/14
The Museum of Modern Art - Stockholm, Sweden
Mediated the museum's collection and exhibitions for visitors and individual groups.
- Instructed groups to create art pieces of different themes, material and styles in the museum’s studio
- Planned and implemented own thematic arrangements of tours and workshops for groups of 30 ppl
- Executed training in art education for colleagues and interns
Museum Educator 06/09-09/12
Royal Court of Sweden - Rosendal, Ulriksdal, and Strömsholm Palace
Communicated time periods, styles and Swedish regents for national and international guests. Responsible for the safety and preservation of items of the Sweden’s Royal Court’s legacy.