About Joana Rose Maniago:
I am someone who is capable to work in a busy environment where attention to details and the ability to work in a high-pressure situation is paramount. Although I prefer and perfectly capable to work alone unsupervised so I could use my time wisely in finishing a task, I feel that I could also be a team player and work as part of a team that forms part of the medical or midwifery organization.
I am mature and have positive attitude. I can remain calm under pressure and in dealing difficult situations and people. I would always treat patients or clients, their relatives, visitors and coworkers with utmost respect and professionalism.
I am applying for this position of Medical Office Assistant because I feel that the job advert and specification are a solid match for my skills, qualities, and attributes.
I demonstrate positive attitude to my work, and I am reliable especially in learning the role quickly. I would fit into medical office team flawlessly and without trouble. I am a team player with interpersonal skills that can fit in the team with members who work in different level of standards. I have the communication skills and when I say communication skills, aside from verbal, I can be an active listener. My social skill is intermediate, but I am working to develop them. I have learned that emotional intelligence is as important especially when working in a medical office clinic where clients or patients could be potentially emotional. To this, I could provide exceptional service while showing empathy and a caring approach to every patient or client.
I am confident in my own abilities and can be relied upon to meet the requirements of this role professionally and consistently. I am dependable, loyal, trustworthy and will maintain privacy and confidentiality at all times.
My skills and personality are especially well suited to this work, as you will note in the attached résumé. Since working in the Middle East, I have acquired 10 years of successful transferable industry experience from medical laboratory technology, blood bank administration and transfusion services, respectively.
While working currently as a part-time Storefront at Tim Horton's, I execute Tim Horton’s standards around people, product, cleanliness, and exceptional customer service while on shift.
I would especially like to point out my strengths and transferrable skills that are most relevant to this position:
- Administrative | Technical: Typing speed of 55±5 words per minute with above 95% accuracy. Proficiency with Document Processing, Administrative procedures and MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook learned through my courses at Bow Valley College and thru multidisciplinary direct patient care training, mentoring, regulatory compliance, supervision, quality control implementation, reporting and procedural analysis acquired through working as Blood Bank Supervisor.
- Excellent knowledge in Medical Terminology acquired in more than 10 years of medical laboratory technology practice and enhanced thru the Medical Terminology courses learned as a Medical Office Assistant Certificate Program student in Bow Valley College.
- Communication: excellent multidisciplinary direct patient care team collaboration acquired through experience as a Blood Bank Supervisor.
- Customer/Client Service: Experience in greeting, welcoming, negotiating and providing information to others especially blood donors acquired through working at Obeid Specialized Hospital as a Blood Bank Supervisor and as a Storefront at Tim Horton where customer or guest service is delivered fast, accurate and friendly.
- Teamwork: As I worked as a Blood Bank Supervisor, I completed highly accountable hospital-wide tasks and quality improvement projects as part of a multidisciplinary team. I learned how to work collaboratively with different personalities and diversities.
- Professionalism: Able to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive information appropriately as learned through my experience as a Blood Bank Technician and Supervisor where Donors’ Medical History and Screening reports are treated as highly confidential. Familiar with federal and provincial legislations related to health information and data protection.
- Organized with good time management skill: I have direct experience as a Blood Bank Supervisor in coordinating all technical, administrative and operations in transfusion, blood bank and donor services to meet top laboratory standards meeting multiple deadlines in high pressure situations.
I am a soon to be graduate of the Administrative Professional Certificate Program at Bow Valley College. I completed the Medical Office Assistant Certificate Program at Bow Valley College and have a combined interest in Medical Laboratory Technology and administration.
Professionals in the same Administrative sector as Joana Rose Maniago
Professionals from different sectors near Calgary, Alberta
Other users who are called Joana Rose
Jobs near Calgary, Alberta
Bagos Bun Bakery ULC Calgary, AB, Canada $50,000 - $70,000 per year
Quality Assurance Technician page is loaded Quality Assurance Technician Apply locations Calgary, AB - Sons Bakery time type Full time posted on Posted 5 Days Ago job requisition id R814300 This posi ...
Knewin Calgary, AB, Canada $90,000 - $120,000 per year
Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and management firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project ...
Global Legal Group Calgary, AB, Canada
12th National Symposium Cumulative Effects Assessment and Environmental Management · Hot off the press · Events 12th National Symposium Cumulative Effects Assessment and Environmental Management · ...