Vendor ops specialist
About Lekshmi Pillai:
I am part of the Vendor/Sales team for more than 11 years at Ingram.
In my current role, my primary focus is business development, building and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers, I am working as an expert in vendor, technology, category and is responsible for facilitating the introduction of the vendor or technology capabilities, providing educational resources, and driving the sale of Unified communications products, programs and/or services. I am responsible for growing profitable sales, activations, and/or market share of the Unified Communication vendors. My duties include identifying opportunities and partners with an account-assigned sales associate to lead educational sessions with the customer and close deals. I touch pre sales to post sales along with vendor management. I have participated in various projects during my tenure in Ingram. At Ingram, we have open discussions with vendors weekly regarding planning, marketing and analyzing vendor data which strengthens our relationship with vendors and helps iron out out processing issues, stocking issue and increasing revenue. With vendor help we create programs and promos which helps our sales teams and vendors to sell their products profitably. I have learned vendor tools and trained our sales teams to use them and create quotes, licenses and service renewals. I have created pricing macros which helped sales teams for quoting.
Sales, Business Development, Business Analysis, Operations, Vendor Management
Dynamic, versatile professional with an extensive track record of 17 years, 11 years in Distribution selling Unified Communications. Demonstrated ability to channel sales and vendor support in combination with Business Development skills.
Demonstrated loyalty to previous and present employers, a sense of ethical responsibility in transactions, a willingness to learn new skills and an ability to manage time and achieve objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of service level agreements and contracts. Used analytical techniques to analyze the associated information and provide advice and direction.
- Excellent knowledge of computer information systems and business administration and developed and utilized systems and processes for analyzing, presenting, and reporting large volumes of information
- Experienced in handling multiple tasks while adhering to stringent deadlines
- Advanced level of Excel expertise, very strong and I have demonstrated skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experienced and very proficient in software programs including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, SAP enterprise software, CRM, BI/BW or equivalent systems
- Proficient knowledge of English including written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively prepare written correspondence, assist my Supervisor/ Manager in discussions, interact with customers and deliver presentations
- Vigilant, alert, detail oriented and experienced in monitoring organizational performance
Experienced in working effectively and efficiently with a wide range of people, of different cultural and ethnic background as well as worked independently.
Vendor Ops Specialist Ingram Micro Canada, Unified Communications, Mississauga, ON 2017 – TBD
Currently working on the Technical Solutions desk for Unified Communications and Networking.
Ingram Micro is the world's largest distributor of computer and technology products. Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology. With its vast global infrastructure and focus on cloud, mobility, technology lifecycle, supply chain and technology solutions, Ingram Micro enables business partners to operate more efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve.
- Both technical and Sales Support for Avaya, Avaya cloud, Polycom Juniper, Yealink, Blue Jeans Vendors and customers
- Weekly pos and vendor inventory reporting to stake holders
- Analysis of product lines for forecasting and replenishing inventory
- Team leadership developing peers and training them for team success also developing SOP
- Focus on the job is on Business Development, this is done with collaboration with vendor, Internal teams, marketing
- Assist with audits to ensure compliance
- Support customers from Presales to Post sales
- Process improvements including onboarding new vendors
- Prepare analysis, study, and investigate where opportunities for improvement are needed
- Helped marketing in product launches and campaigns, product promotions and rebates loading in the system
- Involved in projects, CRM testing, API testing, creating pricing macros for quoting efficiently for sales
- Continuously in discussions, problem solving and issue resolution regarding ongoing work program performance
- Focus on increasing market share for the vendor which is Key performance indicator
Sales support Specialist, Unified Communications, Ingram Micro Canada, Distribution, Mississauga, ON 2016 – 2017
Received Kudos from Quebec team and Mississauga team
Skilled in Excel, Microsoft Access, Power point, Word, BI, SharePoint, Visio, CRM, SAP
- Support Bell sales, SMB, VAR, Major and Retail customers
- Worked with Vendor team in catalogue management, vendor code creation and pricing
- Act as Price list Admin and Disti admin for Avaya vendor and help the vendor in Onboarding new partners
- Creates IPO configuration quotes in Avaya One source configurator
- Plan inventory and forecasts with vendors, demand planner
- Worked with Vendor techs and solve processing via tools, managing bids and pricing
- Created process documentation for order processing, trained sales and supply chain team in Avaya tools using power point presentations as part of the Marketing program.
- Bid endorsements and help customers with deal registrations by working with vendor bid desk
- Support Avaya ACO CCAS quotes, renewal contract quotes, service level management, sold to numbers for UCC customers
- Share point Management
- Helps catalogue management with sku team and marketing team
- Excellent in Excel creates pricing macros for helping sales calculations
- Helped AP teams, customer service team and invoicing team with billing, RMA’s, and replenishments
- Inform customers regarding the whiteboard report and help them to reach the goal to receive incentives
- Trained supply chain team with recent updates on Vendor tools thereby helping them to improvise supply chain processing.
- Work with various stakeholders to define and develop business reporting for Distribution work programs leveraging tools such as Business Intelligence (BI), Microsoft Excel, Access.
Market Development Specialist Ingram Micro Canada, Distribution, Mississauga, ON 2014 – 2016
- Won All Star award on excellence performance on 2016
- Worked with PRM Avaya maintaining leads, opportunities, bid management
- Quoting to Bell Canada, SMB, Var, Major, Retail customers
- Improving vendor business activities in Ingram
- Collect and analyze large volumes of data related to service level agreements, key performance indicators and Distribution work programs
- Executed training programs and offer sales materials to reach sales and premium goals
- Prepare reports and provide information, data, or advice in response to internal and external requests
- Manage and analyze data improving business development monthly and quarterly
- Great written and verbal communication skills to be able to effectively prepare written correspondence, assist in discussions, interact with customers and deliver presentations
- Good knowledge of computer information systems and business administration to be able to develop and utilize systems and processes for analyzing, presenting and reporting large volumes of information
Account Rep Coordinator, Ingram Micro Canada, Distribution, Mississauga, ON 2011 – 2014
- Selling Avaya products for Bell Canada customers
- Supporting Bell Canada
- Relationship building
- Account Management
- Supported Bell Canada for Cisco products
- Sending reports to Bell working with Bell Supply Chain
Senior Order Management Associate, Dell Canada, Toronto, ON 2006 – 2011
Dell Inc. is a multinational computer technology company. Worked in Global Business Operations in order processing/quick ship/projects. Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories.
- Duties performed include order processing, quick ships, maintain inventory by monitoring stock levels, replenish stock, expedite orders, communication with internal customers (sales) and external customers, create inventory reports, prepare and maintain stock reports and fulfillment reports, send expedites to logistics, check lead times, follow up and pushes orders from manufacturing, handle escalations. Utilize computer systems, software, and analytical techniques to carry out forecasting and analytical studies to interpret and assess the execution of work programs within the Distribution business
- Order entry and management responsibilities: Creation of quotes from e-quotes using premier tool, working on skus, checking for daily web promos, margins, credit card orders.
- Monitored the flow of both online orders and faxed orders for the assigned workgroup queue and processed it.
- Researched on customer escalations and provide solutions to fix issues, send order confirmation and ETA to customers, order entry, order release, order cancellations, order audits, handling drop ships, follow up on orders, order expedites, communication between internal and external customers. Develop and document and/or utilize systems for the collecting, analyzing, presenting, and reporting of information and estimates related to service levels, contracts, and accomplishments. Perform other duties as required by my manager.
- Performed specialty processing like try and buy, pushing orders to Invoices manually, cancellation of orders, updating orders, give access to dell members in various tools, helped and trained new OP agents during transition of OP accounts to Panama, participated in data validation and testing for gears project which is a tool developed for invoicing. Perform monthly and quarterly reporting and analysis activities for the Distribution Reporting & Metrics team, this includes development of consistent financial forecast, unit pricing analysis, placemat/dashboards, scorecards/reports, reports to support business planning, and others.
- Cross trained in Returns and S&P and catalogue management for business purposes. Performed and received corporate training on Outlook Time management. Have advanced knowledge in Excel currently enrolled in yellow and green belt BPI trainings. Participated in the assessment of organizational performance as it relates to the execution of work programs.
Major accounts handled/ handling are TELUS, KODAK, TDSB, Honda, Government of Ontario and Quebec and also several other accounts. Achieved targets required by the management in improving business.
- Won two bronze awards during last two quarters for this year and several bronze and silver awards previously.
- Met deadline for Kodak every day and able to manage 24-hour SLA for Kodak by doing correct inventory judgment, and by effective communication regarding stock levels. No escalations from customer.
- Reduced frequency of TELUS conference calls from weekly to monthly, Issues declined tremendously with TELUS accounts now. No escalations from customer
- Stayed late and helped sales always for entering critical orders and enjoys helping sales and customers above and beyond my capabilities.
Projects worked: Online Work stream of the Order Processing Optimization Program and in Purchase order analysis project related to order management.
- Worked with the catalogue management team to update B2B for Kodak account
- Worked on PO Analysis project
ADDITONAL WORK Experience
Finance clerk, TD Waterhouse Distribution Centre, Toronto, ON 2005– 2006
Worked with confirmations of investment transactions, investment statements, sorted statements and confirmations, quality checked and mailed statements, re-org production distribution, prepared reports, welcome packages, E-packages, prepared and send mails, ordered required materials, photocopied and collated documents, faxed documents, printed labels, etc.
Customer Service, Telemarketing, Miratel Solutions, Toronto, ON 2005 – 2005
Worked in telemarketing, made an average of 40 calls per hour and saved $8,100 dollars for the company.
• Handled Inbound and Outbound calls
• Handled 60 to 70 telephone calls in an hour
• Market and sell lottery products to customers for Miratel Solutions
Quality Inspection, Phantom Industries, Toronto 2003 – 2004
Inspected the quality of each product manufactured. Worked as order filler at the shipping and receiving section of Phantom. Scanned materials using AS400, packed, labelled, and send for delivery. Monitored stocks incoming and outgoing, old stocks in warehouse and reported to the supervisor. Printed labels, UPCs in AS400 system.
• Volunteered in United Way at Ingram
• Volunteered at Toronto Public Library for the Homework club program.
• Volunteered at the Davenport/Perth Community Center for the Adult literacy program.
• Volunteered in toddler show for Sick Kids Foundation.
• Volunteered in Scott mission.
- Bachelor’s in science, Kerala University, India in 1991
- Master’s in science, Kerala University, India in 1993.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications, IHRDE, India in 1995
- Data Entry, Skills for Change (Toronto)
My working experience of 17 years in Information technology, sales, business development, Vendor management
Masters in Plant biology
Post graduate diploma in computer applications
Professionals who compete with Lekshmi
Professionals in the same Technology / Internet sector as Lekshmi Pillai
Professionals from different sectors near Brampton, Ontario
Jobs near Brampton, Ontario
PointsBet Old Toronto, Canada $90,000 - $120,000 per year
IMMEDIATE INTERIM OPPORTUNITY · Interim Director of Finance · Reports To: VP, Corporate Services & CFO · Duration: 3 months · Location: GTHA West · Our client, a well-respected community hospital, is ...
Keter North America Milton, Canada Full time
Summary: · The working Warehouse Supervisor directs and oversees the functions of warehouse personnel and assists in both the administrative and operational responsibilities as and when required. This ...
Morrison Lamothe Inc Toronto, Canada
Education: College/CEGEP · Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years · Work setting · Urban area · Tasks · Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll · Calculate fixed assets and depreciation · Keep fina ...