About Mona Upreti:
General phyisician , Currently Research team lead and Graduate academic assisstant at UBC.
GRADUATE ACADEMIC ASSISTANT
School of Nursing, UBC/ September 2022 – present (Mitacs Intern)
• Team Lead- Virtual Reality project : Efficient team management ensuring timebound
achievement of research goals, engagement and coordination of staff champions and
residents at the LTC facilities for Immersive VR project in Dementia care, data collection, critical
thinking and analysis, focus group interviews and. Volunteer recruitment and training for LTCs.
Co-ordinating with patient partners and patient-family partners.
• Effective communication for research grant acquisitions with various health authorities.
• Research paper writing and editing for publications in reputed international journals.
• Involved in knowledge transfer (KT) through publications, staff trainings and social media
platforms for VR and other projects in Dementia care.
Makkar Multispecialty center, New Delhi, India/ June 2017 - October 2017
• Coordinating, managing and providing primary healthcare for all age groups and gender.
• Ensuring interdepartmental co-ordination, advising on strategy for healthcare propagation.
• Providing consultation on physical and mental healthcare, advising investigations, medication
and treatment to the patients.
• Critical thinking with effective evaluation, communication and problem-solving approach to
manage acute and chronic medical and surgical illnesses and emergency care.
• Increasing awareness within community regarding Pediatric and Adult vaccination (including
Geriatric age group) and implementing the vaccination programs.
• Regular follow-ups with the patients and providing required referrals for the patients.
• Provided preventive healthcare education and advice to the patients and their families.
• Managed House calls and Palliative care with person-centered and empathetic attitude .
• Maintained clear and detailed records of the patients for future references.
Al Amal Medical and Healthcare Center, Muscat, Oman/ April 2002 - May 2015
• Leading the healthcare team to develop and implement programs and policies for patient
services, quality assurance, and public relations.
• Ensuring interdepartmental co-ordination for providing holistic, person-centered care.
• Community involvement by organizing health camps and healthcare educational events.
• Providing person-centered health care by managing acute and chronic medical, surgical,
psychiatric cases for all age groups. Critical and quick analysis in emergency management.
• Prompt and efficient handling of medical, surgical and psychiatric emergencies.
• Regular follow-ups of the patients and appropriate referrals to consultants.
• Home visits for examination, follow up, catheter change and bed sore management of
• Knowledge Transfer through Continued Medical Education(CME) programs and giving
healthcare related lectures.
• Effective communication and coordination with the Ministry of health regarding the adult and
pediatric vaccination programs.
• Advising on medical insurances related issues.
• Well versed in using Hospital software (Palash) to maintain patient records
CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST & OBSTETRICIAN
Kalyan Medicare (Pvt.) Ltd, New Delhi, India/ August 1998 - December 2000
1. Masters in Health Leadership and Policy- Seniors Care/UBC Vancouver / December, 2022:
A unique course that combines the understanding of person-centered care for older adults in
various settings with professional business classes teaching the management principles
comprising of :
• Social epidemiology in special population,
• Organizational considerations for Fostering
• Philosophies of care
• Environmental gerontology
• Politics and policies of healthcare
• Research and evidence-based practice
• Organizational behavior and leadership
• Project management
• Building brands (Marketing)
• Accounting & finance (forecasting)
• Business technical management with
disruptive innovative technology.
2. M.B.B.S.- Sarojini Naidu Medical college , Ambedkar University Agra, India/ October, 1995.
Undergraduate medical science courses with clinical postings throughout the course.
Professionals in the same Healthcare sector as Mona Upreti
Professionals from different sectors near Vancouver, Metro Vancouver Regional District
Other users who are called Mona
Jobs near Vancouver, Metro Vancouver Regional District
Targetedtalent Surrey, BC, Canada Full time
Our client transcends the conventional boundaries of accounting firms, operating as a trusted business advisor and partner to their privately-owned business clients. · With a vast array of services, i ...
MountainCrest Personnel Inc. Vancouver, Canada $50,000 - $70,000 per year
Intermediate Mechanical Designer: Harvey 2312 · Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following: · Design of mechanical HVAC, plumbing and fire pro ...
Found in: Talent CA C2 - 6 days ago
York Region District School Board British Columbia, Canada Full time, Contract
Qualifications and Experience Valid BC Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate (or proof of application) Interested applicants are required to supply Resume Cover Letter Teaching Evaluations Practi ...