Professional Procurement / Contract Specialist - SCM.
Senior Procurement Specialist Drilling and Completions
MEG Energy Inc July 2013 - February 2015• Optimized supply service by aligning stakeholder’s capital programs with contract strategies, reducing overall spend in more than 12% in 2014 and extra savings for operating costs in 2015, reducing standby rates, mobilization and demobilization,
• Executed, sourced and procured goods and services based on defined business needs and according to strategies and guidelines from the Centre of Excellence (COE) and/or Manager SCM, Drilling and Exploration Business Units.
• Negotiated rental contracts, service agreements and blanket purchase orders reducing total cost, negotiated key commodity prices to be tied to market indexes such as casing and cement, reducing unknown price fluctuations
• Developed, maintained and supported contract strategies used a Project Execution Plan (PEP) to ensure service agreements were in place to support company operations
Suncor Energy February 2009 - July 2013Initially recommended by Procurement Manager for Buyer's role in light of aggressive company expansion as supply chain was transferred from Fort McMurray to Calgary. Promoted after just 1 year to support the Supply Chain Services team for the Engineering and Complex Services, setting a contract plan, negotiating contracts with EPC's and EPCM's. In Strategic Sourcing led corporate initiatives, defined scope and milestones, resources and oversaw execution thru successful on-time and on-budget deliverables. Projects ranged in sizes from $150K TO $15 million.
• When Suncor acquired Petro Canada, served as crucial liaison between Calgary office and Montreal refinery as older processes were adapted to comply with Suncor's corporate culture. Part of a 3-person team that instituted across-the-board contracts and RFP's to ensure sameness between this newly-united group
• Led a team of 2 fellow Buyers to identify procurement concerns between Head Office and Montreal/Edmonton refineries.
PennWest February 2007 - February 2009Senior Buyer 2007 - 2009
Retained by this income trust natural resource company to administer the full spectrum of Supply Chain Service involved in contract formulation, negotiation, procedures, and policies.
• Devised a range of source agreements that led to a 20% increase in profits by standardizing contracts and improving purchasing programs.
• Captured $3 million in annual cost savings through negotiations savvy in brokering long-term agreements and programs with key vendors
• Uncovered an equipment surplus valued at $55 million and successfully convinced management, executives, and key decision-makers of the need to reintroduce this equipment into standard inventory levels
Kinder Morgan January 2006 - February 2007Personally sought out by Integrity Team Manager for this newly-created role to coordinate and manage procurement activities for small- to mid-size projects involving Province of British Columbia and State of Washington pipeline terminals.
• Saved nearly $5 million involving the Burrard Terminal pipeline expansion in Washington by locating new vendors with premium quality, improving efficiencies and standardization.
• Leaded negotiations of commercial contracts terms and conditions with key suppliers.
Shipping Administration, Logistics Coordination, Supply Chain Management, and Materials Management
Sherritt International January 1994 - July 2006• Fast-tracked promotions in earlier 12+year career at Sherritt International, holding consummate accountability for export, introduced customs pre-clearance measures so that items shipped from Canada to Cuba could be received without incidence or delays.
• Established a global supply chain - valued at CD $10MM in annual procurement - supporting drilling and exploration for oil and gas programs in Cuba.
• Lowered packaging and shipping costs 15%; streamlined logistics procedure by shipping bulk chemicals with clearly-defined minimum / maximum requirements for easier handling.
• Pruned international transportation lead times from 4-6 weeks to just 2 weeks by re-engineering the purchasing/logistics procedures.
• Standardized product categories to trim inventory SKU's 15%.
• Won "Employee of the Year" award for continually delivering service beyond expectations.
Project Management Professional
University of Calgary
2012 - at Present (5 years) Alberta
Contract Management Certification
Mount Royal University
2011 - 2009
(1 year) Alberta
Certified Professional Purchaser
University of Calgary
2001 - 2004
(3 years) Alberta
Certificate in General Management
University of Calgary
1999 - 2004
(5 years) Alberta