About Nolan Babin:
Coming from Hamilton, Ontario, I’m currently in my second year of Natural Resources Conservation in the Faculty of Forestry. My interest in environmental issues and the natural world stem from growing up by a Great Lake and the issues surrounding its marsh and shorelines. While at UBC, I want to discover more specialized areas of study, including forestry, agriculture, geography, and, marine/ aquatic ecosystems. I hope this range of education in various environmental sectors and sciences will give him a better understanding of broader global issues while fulfilling my program's international travel requirements.
Winter Adventure Guide, Grouse mountain; Vancouver, bc — nov 2022 - present
- Leading fun, educational tours of up to 40 people on snowshoes
- Demonstrate wildlife/ecology information, and local first nation's history and culture.
- Awareness of and strict adherence to mountain safety rules for enforcing operational procedures.
Student assistant, Koerner Library; Vancouver, bc — sep 2022 - present
- Shelving, straightening, shelf-reading
- Assisting in the assessment, processing, and repair of damaged books
Adventure Guide, Grouse mountain; Vancouver, bc — Jun - Oct 2022
- Responsible for guiding high ropes and zip line tours, providing an informative experience about grouse mountain and it’s surroundings
- Ensuring safety of guests, including rescuing and retrieving them on suspended elements at large heights
- Tasked with customer support, course safety and risk management inspections, and timely tour management
Page, Hamilton public library; Hamilton, on — Nov 2015- Aug 2021
- Provide assistance to librarians in the maintenance and shelving of collections
- Instruct patrons on how to use reference sources, catalogs, and automated information systems
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC — May 2021- present
- BSC Natural resources conservation
- Genetics, Evolution & Ecology : Principles of storage and transmission of genetic variation; origin and evolution of species and their ecological interactions
- Scholarly Writing and Argumentation in Forestry : Communicating concepts of forestry and links to human and environmental activities through writing, elements of argumentation, evaluating evidence, and searching for and citing references to back up claims
- Foundations of Conservation Discusses the status of global ecological systems and critically analyzing solutions and responses taking place at different scales and geographic contexts, such as conservation mechanisms and governance
- Classification and Silvics: Using British Columbia’s Biogeoclimatic Ecosystem Classification (BEC) system to addresses the ecological principles and biophysical processes that provide the foundation for classification of vegetation at global, regional and local scales
Professionals in the same Scientific sector as Nolan Babin
Professionals from different sectors near Vancouver, Metro Vancouver Regional District
Other users who are called Nolan
Jobs near Vancouver, Metro Vancouver Regional District
Snore MD Sleep Apnea Clinic North Vancouver, Canada Full time $60,000 - $90,000 per year
*Changing Lives*_ *for*_ *Good*Snore MD is a world class sleep clinic that's expanding in British Columbia. We combine 5 star patient care with an exceptional team-first environment to provide a selec ...
Stanley Black & Decker Vancouver, BC, Canada $40,000 - $60,000 per year
Google Analytics to gather external career site traffic metrics. · Tracking Pixels to track the source of traffic to your external career site. · Field Sales Representative page is loaded Field Sale ...
PHSA Burnaby, Canada Regular/Full time
Job ID _pl355 Date posted 02/16/2024 Specialist, Learning and Development · Primary Care Digital Enablement · Burnaby, BC · In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directi ...