About Scott Draper:
I have 18 years experience in warehousing, covering all day to day aspects including shipping, receiving, picking, packing, cooler and freezer areas and supervising. Additionally I am proficient in warehouse layout, inventory control, including inventory counts and discrepancy reconciliation. Supervisory duties include scheduling, keyholder duties, problem solving, training/coaching and resolving personnel matters. First OFA Level 1 for Industry certified and Forklift certified. I am skilled with Microsoft Word and Excel and have utilized warehouse management systems. Currently I am enrolled with the Canadian Institute of Traffic and Transportation, working towards a CITT-Certified Logistics Professional designation. I am passionate about efficiency and finding ways to improve systems when needed as well as challenging myself to be as proficient as possible within finely tuned processes. My goal is to work for a company which will utilize many of my skills and keep me challenged while positively contributing to the company in whichever way is needed.
Warehouse Supervisor Sept 2019-Current
- Maintaining the overview of daily workflow; scheduling and personnel matters; processing timesheets; overseeing layout; directing the work and ensuring that efficient, appropriate and safe work processes are being followed, that the priorities are being met, and the work is completed as required.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in service and efficiencies by utilizing system reports, identifying problem areas, programs or processes, and where appropriate investigate and suggest solutions, or follow up to ensure these areas are addressed.
- Reviews workflow volumes by utilizing standardized warehouse reports and assessing labour needs in all warehouse areas, and any other work demands or activities, and direct the workflow accordingly.
- Supervise and direct all warehouse personnel, to ensure efficient productivity and completion of tasks following appropriate, proper and safe work procedures.
- Lead and motivate warehouse personnel; assess performance and participate in employee reviews or assessments. Work with employees to retrain or assist to improve performance as needed. Initiate progressive discipline as required.
- Responsible for new employee warehouse orientation, training, and/or assigning training on the shift.
- Schedules employees and assigns work in the warehouse to both regular and on-call employees, ensuring adequate staff to cover the work and working within parameters.
- Collect and input data, producing information and reports in order to monitor productivity, efficiency, errors and workflow. Monitor daily and report monthly on performance of all employees.
- Participated on the Safety Committee as Employer Representative.
- Primary First Aid Attendant for the Facility.
- Keyholder and first point of contact for Alarm Monitoring Call-outs
Inventory and Layout Coordinator: May 2018 -Sept 2019
- Utilized Excel to plan layout changes to improve efficiency and ensure accurate pick location sizes based on sales and order quantities.
- Worked with Claims and Purchasing departments to investigate problems such as receiving and rotation errors, Quality Issues and damaged stock.
- Conducted weekly short-dated stock checks for Dry, Cooler and Frozen areas
- Coordinated with constructions crews for Cooler and Dry area expansions.
- Performed bi-weekly fire pump tests and monthly generator runs.
- Ran Daily Reports for Inventory Adjustments and Short Shipped items.
- Verified weight, size and descriptions for new and existing products.
- Organized preparation for semi-annual Inventory Counts
- On-call for Alarm Monitoring and back-up for Truck repair coordination
Head Chill Sept 2013 - May 2018
- Oversaw the department during a period of enormous growth.
- Supervised a team including 3 daytime and 4 afternoon employees.
- Receive incoming orders ranging from several cases to full truckloads.
- Pre-Stocking picking locations so they are ready for the afternoon shift.
- Weekly Date-Checks for cooler product and coordinating weekly donations.
- Picking Large orders weekly for major customers.
- Delegating Labour to ensure daily deadlines are met for incoming and outgoing orders.
- Coordinating with Buying Department in regard to incoming product.
- Ensured outgoing orders were picked efficiently, accurately and built to a high standard.
- Trained new Order pickers as well as coached existing pickers.
- Work with Claims department handling returned product from customers.
Currently enrolled with the Canadian Institute of Traffic and Transportation. Completed courses include Transportation Systems, Logistics Processes, Negotiation Strategies in Supply Chain, Introductory Economics, Accounting: The Fundamentals and Organizational Behaviour.
Professionals who compete with Scott
Professionals in the same Transportation / Logistics sector as Scott Draper
Professionals from different sectors near Edmonton, Alberta
Other users who are called Scott
Jobs near Edmonton, Alberta
Canadian Standard Cabinets Ltd. Edmonton, Canada
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate · Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years · Tasks · Determine and establish office procedures and routines · Schedule and confirm appointments ...
Cake & Dessert Cafe Edmonton, Canada
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate · Experience: Will train · or equivalent experience · Tasks · Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs · Package take-out food · Portion and w ...
ILIYAN HOSPITALITY INC Edmonton, Canada
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate · Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years · Tasks · Register arriving guests and assign rooms · Process group arrivals and departures · Take, ...