Greenwich Associations January 2015 - December 2015• Wrote perl, php, Cobol, shell script and xml configuration files for marketing tools of DASH and Confirmit.
• Enhancement, Maintenance and support of existing customer provisioning and billing applications using SQL and stored procedure.
• Ensured that service level agreements (SLA) were met for deliverables.
• Documented procedures to support and train users and new hires in the operations of implemented systems
• Create Web and Excel monthly, weekly reporting by php/perl/shell scripts and PostgreSQL
• Jira/Agile development methodologies
• Cron job maintenance.
• Teradata & data warehouse
• Red Hat Linux and Putty environment
Social Development Department of New Brunswick June 2009 - October 2014• Wrote Micro Focus Cobol, C, K-shell, bash, c-shell, perl, awk, sed, SQL server store procedures, and MS batch job programs for Housing System.
• Operating System: Windows Vista, Windows 7, SCO Unix5.0.7, RedHat 5/6 and TIP online system, etc.
• Language: COBOL, PL/SQL, Unix/Linux Scripts (k-shell, c-shell, bash, awk, sed), syncsort, VB6, VB.net, .Net Framework, Visual Studio, ADO.NET, Teradata, data warehouse etc.
• Maintain and trouble-shooting many housing related programs, create cron jobs for nightly batch process.
• On-call support for nightly jobs.
• Support lean six-Sigma project.
• Used PowerShell script to run the jobs.
• Database: SQL server, Oracle 11g, MS access, etc. Files system: ISAM, SAM.
• Involved in creating Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Recent project: system migration from SCO Unix to Linux Red Hat 5 and 6.
• Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) for code management.
System Support Analyst
Moneris Solutions Inc. December 2008 - June 2009• Wrote Perl, Batch, VB and K-shell scripts and programs to implement file transfer for Credit Card/ATM/POS system by using Connect Direct.
• Operating System: Windows, Red Hat Linux, MVS, OS400
• Language: Schedule tasks, cron jobs, SMTP email system, etc.
• MTD Files Transfer System: Transfer day-end files from merchandise to RBC mainframe
• Involved in migration upgrade/migration of mainframe COBOL application.
• Credit CARDS File Transfer System: Transfer daily files between RBC and merchandise by using ISO 8583, XML and perl.
• DR system Jan 09 Set up Disaster Recovery System environment, unit test, SIT and UAT.
Express Script Inc. (ESI) July 2008 - October 2008• Rewrote pharmacy and dental claiming system from Micro Focus Cobol to PL/SQL
• Database: Oracle 9
• Operating System: HP-UX (HP3000).
• Language: Cobol, PL/SQL, shell scripts, cron jobs
Scotiabank International April 2008 - July 2008• Create reconciliation ABM reports including deposit, payment and transfer summary and detail reports by using C, UNIX, Informix, sql and ace reports.
• Modify and insert new reconciliation logic into existing online ATM transaction system by using C at AIX platform.
• Insert new attributes into existing Informix database table to calculate amount of new ATM transactions.
• Create reconciliation ACE reports by using SQL.
• Prepare test cases for unit test and user acceptance test.
• Run ATM/Credit Card report by End of Day batch job by using C.
• Create test report by using excel.
• Operating System: HP-UX (HP3000).
RR Donnelley - Moore Canada January 2007 - March 2008• As a contractor of Moore Canada, my job is coding, trouble shooting and debugging
• Micro Focus Cobol, C and K-Shell scripts, syncsort, for printing programs including Loomis, Rogers Cycle 38, Ajilon and Adecco, Sunlife DRP and TD T5/R3/T3/R16 projects.
• Connect: Direct File Transfer Station project using ASP.
• Operating System: HP-UX (HP3000)
• Ajilon and Adecco project (Jan/07-Feb/07)
o Receive input data from customer, create print file and XML file of T4 tax and reports by using Micro Focus Cobol and Shell Scripts.
• TD water House project (Feb/07-Mar/07) , (Oct 07-Feb 08)
o Receive EBCIDIC file from customer, create T3/R16 and T5/R3 print file, XML file and reports by using Micro Focus Cobol, Shell Scripts.
• Connect Direct for File Transfer Station project.(Apr/07)
o Use Direct Connect to replace FTP by using ASP including file selection, dividing and transferring to
Rogers Inc. January 2006 - December 2006• Rogers Invoice Validation Data Format System Project
• Production Revenue Assurance System: Invoices creating, and processing using AMDOCS Bill Formatter, Oracle, Micro Focus Cobol, C, Toad, SQL, HPUX, shell, Awk, sed, sqlplus, php, html, dhtml, java script and C/C++.
Front Line Technologies Inc. October 2005 - December 2005• E-Mail archive and search project: Create, update and search email files at Suse
• Linux 9.3 and Oracle 10 using shell, Awk, sed, sqlplus, php, html, dhtml, java script and C/C++.
• Modules: PHP-OCI, PHP-MimeDecode, imap, Sq l scripts, CSS etc.
QC Technologies Inc. September 2004 - September 2005• Market Research Project: Scanned paper into excel files using VBA.
• Automatic email sending by using ASP.Net.
• SMTP client side program to send e_mail by Base64 encode-decode algorithm using C
• Vi editor, FTP, Telnet on unix.
• Internet Café Management System: PHP/MySQL/Apache, HTML, DHTML.
• Workflow project-Multi language translation program: Translated displayed statement of web system among different languages according to an excel file using C#, excel, xml, asp, VB script, java script and asp.net.
• Software Development Change Management Work Flow: ASP, VB scripts, Java Scripts, IIS and SQL Server.
• OLAP report experience
Overseas Union Bank August 2000 - August 2001• Coded, debugged and trouble shot system modules such as applications for mobile buzz & funds transfer,
• Account statement inquiries, change of mailing address and contact number. Developed front-end system using JSP and HTML.
• Developed business modules and front end system using C++, JSP, Perl, TOAD and debug tools of SCCS
• Created shell scripts of process scheduling using cron-job, c_shell and k_shell.
• Controlled version of SIT, UAT and production using the tools of SCCS
• OLAP report experience.
Singapore Engineering Software PTE Ltd August 1998 - August 2000• Coded, debugged and troubleshoot a simulation system using C programming and shell scripts, IRIX (SGI unix system), TCP/IP and debug tools of CVS
• Prepared test cases for QA, SIT and UAT
• Wrote documents of system modules
• Mentored programmers in the development of their skills
• Demonstrated systems to customers
Unisys China Ltd August 1995 - August 1998• Transaction process: received message from front system, updated database (Oracle), sent message back to front system. Technology: C, Pro*C, Oracle, SQL and shell.
• Cards Subsystem of PTSB project: Create card info, issue cards transactions, lost card transaction and cancel card transaction, etc.
• All reports are in mainframe
• All reports received (batch process): daily process, monthly process and annual process and “housekeeping” process could all be accessed through front system
• Managed project of a payroll system in 17 cities across China that worth 15.4K US Dollars.
• Environment: Unisys A series/U series, Oracle 7.0, AT&T UNIX, SCO Unix, C/C++ programming and SQL, shared memory, message queue and TCP/IP.
Bank of China July 1990 - August 1995• Developed, coded, tested, maintained and troubleshoot saving system based on SCO Unix environment using C and Micro Focus Cobol.
• Developed interest calculating system, printing and display sub-system.
• Developed, coded, tested, maintained and troubleshot daily batch process of saving and card accounts using COBOL, DB2, IMS DB/ DC, CICS and IBM 370 Assembler language.
• Created report of balance sheet, branch transaction records list.
• System migration from 4381 to ES9000. Recompiled source code, backed up database from 4381 and restored to ES9000.
• Environment: IBM 4381, ES9000, JCL, DL/I, MVS, VSE/SP, VSE/ESA, IBM 370 Assembly language.
1986 - 1990
(4 years) Shanghai Shi