Maintenance Specialist (BB-99288)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
PRT operates a diverse network of 19 nurseries in Canada and the United States enabling us to grow a wide variety of high-quality container forest seedlings for all climatic and site conditions. Annual production of 320 million seedlings makes PRT the largest producer of containerized forest seedlings in North America. We produce trees for customers from British Columbia to Ontario and Michigan to Alabama to Oregon.
Reporting to the Nursery Manager, the Maintenance Specialist is responsible for repair and maintenance to production and greenhouse equipment, site buildings and vehicles. The Maintenance Specialist will have a high level of safety awareness and be competent in assessing the safety requirements needed to successfully complete projects while minimizing risk to the crops being produced. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The Maintenance Specialist will be responsible for the following:
· Adhere to safety regulations in compliance with WorkSafe BC
· Ensure all equipment, facilities, and vehicles are kept in safe, reliable working condition while maintaining a clean, orderly work area.
· Maintain a site-wide preventative maintenance program
· Provide time sensitive emergency repairs to equipment when required.
· Troubleshoot and repair systems including, but not limited to electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical
· Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for outsourced projects
· Provide input to management and gather information for the completion of maintenance and capital improvement proposal and projects
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
· Be highly motivated and able to work independently
· Demonstrate a high level of sound judgment and reasoning
· Possess a high school diploma. Certificates or training in electrical pneumatic, heavy equipment or welding and fabricating are an asset
· Minimum of 3 years experience in a maintenance role including carpentry and basic welding
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to maintain maintenance schedules in a dynamic and changing environment
· Possess a valid drivers license
· Strong communication and problem solving skills
· Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and e-mail programs.
calendar_today2 days ago
work PRT Growing Services Ltd