NWS Procurement Specialist for Raytheon Technologies (BB-F6062)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North Americas polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon Canada provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support of the North Warning System (NWS)including full care, custody, and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon seeks a Procurement Specialist to join the North Warning System. This position is primarily responsible for sourcing and acquiring quotes in support of Department of Defense, Department of National Defense & Government Contracts. Overall responsibility for supplier management.
Specific duties include: RFQ generation, Quote / Proposal Analysis, Negotiations, Documentation, supplier follow-up. Work extensively with Program Teams including, but not limited to, Engineering, Quality, Operations and Program personnel along with other key functional groups to ensure on-time delivery and process compliant quotes and purchase orders. This position will manage low to medium complexity internal and external procurements in support of Supply Chain. The procurement professional will be the focal point for interface and communications between the program and suppliers.
Responsibilities will include:
• Quotation activities
• Selecting qualified suppliers
• Seeking alternate suppliers (when applicable)
• Post-award management in accordance with company directives and Business Unit work instructions
• Significant supplier interaction in collaboration with Program Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
• Managing Suppliers critical path in support of key program milestones
• Strategic planning while supporting daily tactical and detailed activities
• May be required to participate in supplier development activity
• Updating invoices into SAP Dolphin
• Entering Purchase Orders in Microsoft Dynamics
• Creating Purchase Orders in Maximo
Required Skills and Education:
• 1 year relevant experience in a supply chain or business management role
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to multi-task and perform in a dynamic, fast paced, changing environment
• Ability to place a Purchase Order of low to medium complexity and process a high volume of Purchase Orders
• Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal customers and suppliers
• Ability to perform effectively in a virtual environment with minimal supervision
• Experience working with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Raytheon tools and knowledge of supply chain processes
• Procurement experience Use standard computer systems focused on supplier management processes (MAXIMO) procurement experience
• Use standard computer systems focused on supplier management processes (MAXIMO)
Raytheon Canada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.175582
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Salary Range: - Relocation: Travel:
calendar_today2 days ago
location_onNorth Bay, Canada
work Raytheon Technologies