Software Engineer, Data Collections (BB-A9944)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
The Group:Morningstar Data for equities provides comprehensive coverage of global stock markets from as early as 1975. We are continuously broadening our coverage and creating new products to help clients prepare for regulatory changes and other industry shifts. Our data features proprietary statistics and is developed using stringent quality screens to ensure accuracy. From APIs to data feeds, our solutions are delivered quickly to help institutions meet a broad range of functions.
The Role: At Morningstar, helping investors is what brings us together and drives our work. We are looking for a software engineer who specializes in Java and the JVM platform to join our team, grow with us, introduce us to new ideas and develop products that empower our users. Every day, you’ll work with team members across disciplines developing products for investors. You’ll interact daily with our product managers to understand our domain and create technical solutions that push us forward. We want to work with other engineers who bring knowledge and excitement about our opportunities. This position is based in our Toronto office.
• Build well designed, well-engineered, stable, scalable products across a variety of markets
• Good working experience in OO analysis & design using common design patterns
• Follow software design best practices such as continuous integration, test-driven development, and regular deployments.
• Solve investors’ problems with technology, understanding market chaos at work and crafting technically appropriate interactive experiences to communicate effectively with individual investors.
• Be passionate about quality, process, programming, and investing in general, seeing opportunities for improvement, seizing them, and then sharing your findings with others.
• Familiarity or desire to become an AWS certified developer
• Take ownership of the success of the team with a "gets things done" attitude; the ability to understand and leverage new technologies, potentially wearing many hats including business analyst, DBA, QA, and project manager.
• Help to shape product vision.
• A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
• Three plus years of experience developing commercial quality web applications.
• Solid experience with Java and the JVM ecosystem. Familiarity with Spring Boot, Spring, Tomcat, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambdas
• Experience in developing with Vue.js framework
• Exposure and/or experience with supporting technologies: (Databases: SQL Server, AWS Aurora, MySQL, Postgres), Python, REST API’s
• Experience with Java, Linux, and Tomcat, as well as experience with full-stack web development.
• An understanding of how to protect web applications from common security vulnerabilities.
• Knowledge of object-oriented design, domain modeling, and building highly scalable and available systems.
• Be organized and able to remain productive even when you have multiple deliverables.
calendar_today1 day ago