Patient Support Representative (BB-B279D)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Across our three hospitalsand eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
The PSR works as part of the patient care team in various patient care areas of the Health Centre providing a variety of non-clinical activities in support of the patient and the nursing care area. Duties include the daily upkeep and cleaning of the patient rooms and the patient care unit, patient transport, patient tray delivery and pick up and non-clinical patient care as per the Statement of Limitations.
NOTE: Roughly 75% of this position′s duties involve cleaning of patient environments.
- This position may be assigned specific shifts that will be expected to provide care and work in the scope of a Personal Support Worker.
- Work Location: This position may be assigned shifts across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, as well as Long Term Care Homes as required.
- This Job Posting is posted under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act - Bill 195.
• Minimum Grade 10 education with basic math skills or equivalent
• Completion of Personal Support Worker certificate program
• Demonstrated ability to read and write English at a Grade 10 level or equivalent.
• Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills promoting good customer service
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines - adapting to changing demands with flexibility and efficiency
• Proven self-directed work habits, functioning effectively in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Good organizational skills with an ability to work accurately with detail
• Evidence of positive team-based skills
• Exposure to Lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Excellent work performance and attendance
• Constant standing and walking
• Reaching, bending, stooping, lifting (greater than 30 kg.)
• Pushing and pulling equipment and transfers
• Exposure to hazardous chemicals, waste and body fluids
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
calendar_today1 day ago
work Scarborough Health Network