Personal Support Worker (PSW) (BB-68202)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
About S.R.T. MedStaff
S.R.T. MedStaff has been a trusted leader in the health care community since 1981, hiring personal support workers, client service coordinators, registered nurses, registered practical nurses, and supervisors. Come work for an agency that truly values and supports it staff!
Why Join S.R.T. MedStaff?
S.R.T. MedStaff is currently recruiting for Personal Support Workers (PSWs) within the Newmarket, Aurora, Keswick and Georgina areas!
Come make a difference in patients' lives and join our dynamic team in the heart of Toronto downtown! S.R.T. MedStaff provides diverse opportunities and strong career path development in a variety of professional streams, along with excellent salary and benefits such as:
- High pay rates
- Travel allowance
- Flexible scheduling
- Full-time and part-time hours
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RSP matching program
- Choice of daily instant pay or weekly direct deposit pay
- Staff appreciation events
- Paid continuing education sessions and in-services
Reporting to the Client Services Supervisor, the PSW is expected to deliver high quality of care and service that will support patients to live comfortably and safely in their home environment. The services provided will be outlined in the written plan of care prepared by the primary health care professional.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living, including meal preparation, shopping, light housekeeping, laundry, and respite.
- Assess the environment for safety during each patient visit.
- Treat patients with compassion and respect.
- Use judgment in carrying out instructions and recognize the need to seek supervisory assistance.
- Report/communicate observations or concerns to the appropriate individual(s), as necessary.
- Keep all patient information confidential.
- Work as a team with other health care professionals and service providers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Proficient verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to speak a second language is considered an asset.
- Ability to travel between assignments either by transit or car
- Must meet one of the following criteria:
- Successful completion of a Ministry of Education approved PSW Training Program (minimum 640 hours) from a Community College or a school approved by the National Association of Career Colleges OR
- RN, RPN, Paramedic, Occupational Therapy, and Physiotherapy students with successful completion of Year 1 OR
- Holds a valid certificate as a Home Support Worker (level II or III), Health Care Aide, or Personal Attendant OR
- Holds a valid certificate as a Developmental Support Worker.
- Experience working as a Community PSW is considered an asset.
- Negative T.B. skin test or chest x-ray.
- Current CPR (BCLS) and First Aid Certificate.
- Meet health surveillance requirements of the Public Hospitals Act.
- VSS within the past year of hire confirming absence of a criminal history/record.
We thank you for applying to S.R.T. MedStaff. We will review all applications. Only those applicants selected for further discussion will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today2 days ago
work S.R.T. MedStaff