Safety & Yard Trainer (BB-4397B)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and opportunity in moving the organization forward. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is a Platinum Club Member in Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. Our success is directly attributed to our dedicated and talented team of professionals who work hard together with a common purpose – to keep us on the leading edge in safety, technology, and analysis.
It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 40 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then apply with us.
We offer the following in our search for engaged employees looking to become part of a successful team:
- A continuous learning environment that develops your individual career goals
- A continuous improvement environment where all ideas are explored
- Engaged coaches and mentors who will provide guidance but also allow autonomy
- Team atmosphere
- Competitive and comprehensive total rewards package including company paid group benefits and company sponsored retirement savings plan
- Support of professional memberships and certifications
- Standard office hours; Monday to Friday from approximately 7:00am to 4:30pm
The Safety & Yard Trainer is responsible for providing training to newly licensed drivers to ensure that they meet Challenger’s standards for operation and safety. The Safety & Yard Trainer is also responsible for conducting pre-hire road tests for drivers that would like to be employed by Challenger.
Note, this position is based out of our London, ON terminal.
- Completing pre-hire road evaluations
- Completing post-accident road evaluations
- Facilitating in-cab on road training
- Facilitating in-yard training
- Leading driver orientation and defensive driving classroom training
- Participating in Job Fairs, Trade Shows and visiting Truck Schools to recruit professional drivers
- Provides coaching to drivers in various situations to improve their skills
- Completes daily reports on the driver’s performance and provide constructive feedback on how to improve their performance
- Performs other duties as required
What You Need To Be Successful In This Role:
- Secondary school diploma
- Prior work experience in the transportation industry
- AZ Driver’s License
- Minimum 2-3 years prior related driving experience required
- Air brake and defensive driving training
- Shows integrity
- Adaptable and flexible
- Demonstrated concern for others
- A continuous improvement focus on work
- Well-organized, enthusiastic, professional and a positive team member
How To Apply:
If you are looking to join a premier transportation company, and become an integral part of results oriented team who constantly challenge themselves to Go The Distance for our customers and for each other, the role of Safety & Yard Trainer (London, ON) may be right for you.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples. By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Motor Freight Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.
calendar_today2 days ago
work Challenger Motor Freight Inc.