Ontario Market Sector Lead - Contaminated Sites and Remediation (Senior Environmental Engineer/ Geoscientist) (BB-6CCD3)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Our Guelph and Mississauga, Ontario offices are seeking a Ontario Market Lead - Contaminated Sites and Remediation (Senior Environmental Engineer/Geoscientist) - to join our Eastern Hydrogeology team.
As the successful candidate, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining and growing Matrix’s client base within the Ontario contaminated sites and remediation market. You will actively search out and identify opportunities to expand the scope and breadth of services we provide our existing clients (predominantly within the midstream/pipeline sector), as well as identify and capture new contaminated site opportunities within the broader market. The successful candidate will also play a key role in project delivery, predominately in a project management/direction and technical review role. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, entrepreneurial, service-oriented person to take the next step in their career and become a foundational component of a growing team.
- Drive business development initiatives including: building and expanding strong client relationships within the Ontario midstream/pipeline sector through excellent client management; identify and action opportunities to expand Matrix’s client network in the broader contaminated site and remediation market; market and build awareness of the Matrix brand; as well as lead and support the production of technical and financial workplans and proposals
- Consult with other disciplines and Matrix leadership to participate in developing and executing regional service line growth strategies
- Active participation in Matrix’s strong safety culture
- Provide project leadership and manage a wide range of environmental site assessment, contaminant hydrogeology, and remedial programs such as:
- Phase Two Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) to CSA or O.Reg. 153/04 requirements
- Sampling programs for the collection of soil, groundwater, surface water, and/or sediments
- Design, commission, and maintenance of remediation systems to manage sites impacted by contaminants such as petroleum hydrocarbons, chlorinated solvents, and/or inorganics
- Lead the preparation of technical reports including Phase Two ESAs, environmental monitoring, conceptual site models, remedial option analysis, remedial action plans, and risk management plans
- Manage various projects for a diverse group of clients, including: work plan development, resource allocation, budget/cost control, schedule tracking, report preparation, technical direction and review, and proactive client management
- Provide technical advisory, oversight, and review on contaminated sites projects, ensuring defensible analysis on behalf of Matrix clients
- Mentor junior and intermediate staff through on-the-job coaching and guidance
Education, Experience, Technical Skills:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Engineering, or a related field. Professional registration in Ontario (P.Eng. or P.Geo.) is required.
- Qualified Person (QP) as per Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP), Ontario Regulation (O.Reg.) 153/04, as amended
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role preferably within a consulting environment
- Extensive working knowledge of relevant provincial regulations, specifically: Environmental Protection Act; Water Resources Act; O.Reg. 153/04, as amended (Records of Site Condition); O.Reg 406/19 (On-Site and Excess Soil Management)
- Working knowledge of relevant federal (CCME) guidelines for contaminated site assessment is an asset
- Service-oriented with an entrepreneurial drive
- Proven success in client relationship management and project management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), and a collaborative attitude
- Proven experience in environmental site assessment and remediation design is a requirement
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario contaminated sites market (with direct experience in the midstream/pipeline sector) is an asset
- Previous risk assessment experience is an asset
- A valid class G driver’s license with no restrictions.
Matrix is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment and to promoting the health, safety and well-being of our employees. In keeping with our Health & Safety Policy, individuals in safety sensitive positions are subject to pre-employment, pre-access (and in some client cases, random) alcohol & drug testing as well as drivers abstract reviews.
Are you the one we're looking for? Please apply to us directly. As a note, we are not accepting third party agency applicants at this time.
Click the Apply button.
Matrix Solutions offers a comprehensive compensation package. We are also committed to flexible work hours and schedules, team-based work, cross-training opportunities, and rewarding our star performers.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We welcome and promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Matrix provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources directly.
Please bookmark our careers page and visit often to learn more about what we do. Also, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter (at Matrix Solutions Inc & ITweetMatrix respectively) for ongoing updates about our people and business.
For more information about Matrix Solutions, please visit our website at www.matrix-solutions.com
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
calendar_today3 days ago
work Matrix Solutions Inc.