Registered Nurse, BIR A Medicine (BB-F6D4D)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Across our three hospitalsand eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Manager, you will work independently within your scope of practice, as per the College of Nurses′ Practice Guideline: RN and RPN Practice: The Client, the Nurse, and the Environment (2018). You will be part of a busy department that provides excellent care to a diverse patient population within our multi-service environment. 4A is an acute care medicine unit whose focus is on maximizing the patient′s health and function. The delivery care model is primary nursing with a staffing mix of both RNs and RPNs. In this role, you will provide high quality nursing care to patients and their families, based on the mission, vision and values at Scarborough Health Network (SHN).
This Job Posting is posted under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act - Bill 195.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current BCLS
• Two years′ experience in acute medical nursing or related clinical placement experience for new nursing graduates
• Patient assessment skills within the RN scope of practice
• Willingness to work with mixed aggregation of patients
• Patient assessment and health promotion/teaching skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
• Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrates excellent organizational, time-management and team building skills
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as an inter-professional team member in a fast paced demanding environment
• Demonstrates a commitment to patient focused care when caring for patients and their families
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
calendar_today1 day ago
work Scarborough Health Network