Data Engineer, Data Science (BB-12976)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Numerator is looking for a Data Engineer, Data Science to help us drive decision-making, find bigger opportunities and work with our established and rapidly evolving platforms that handle millions of requests and massive amounts of events, and other data. In this position, you will be responsible for taking on new initiatives to automate, enhance, maintain, and scale services in a rapidly-scaling environment.
As a Data Engineer, Data Science at Numerator, you will help our team make better decisions by advocating for data-driven approaches across the organization. The role is cross-functional by nature and is responsible for developing data products and analytics, defining methodologies, conducting research and analysis on a variety of subject areas, and driving bottom-line growth through building operational efficiencies and leading special projects for our clients.
A major requirement for this role is to understand, author, and deploy production code, the ideal candidate should also be experienced with processing large quantities of data, building algorithms alongside software engineers, and delivering to production.
You will have a broad impact and exposure across Numerator as you help build out and expand our technology platforms across several software products. This is a fast-paced role with high growth, visibility, impact, and where many of the decisions for new projects will be driven by you and your team from inception through production.
What you get to do!
- Identify new opportunities to build and/or improve new product features and data products.
- Partner with Product, Data, and Engineering teams to identify, investigate and deliver solutions related to product and back-end data issues.
- Deliver complex, end-to-end projects involving heavy data and statistical modeling (e.g. sampling, segmentation, classification, predictive modeling, etc.).
- Lead the discovery and development of new and existing methodologies, tools, and algorithms.
- Regularly communicate outcomes, new initiatives, and improvements, etc. to stakeholders.
- Provide data science engineering consulting and support to both internal and external clients.
What we are looking for
- 2+ years in building a data warehouse and data pipelines. OR, 3+ years in a data intensive engineering role.
- Proficient software engineering experience in one major language ( preferably Python and/or R) along with SQL. You strive to write beautiful code.
- Experience with ETL tooling (especially Airflow) and data processing, and knowing how to transform data to meet business goals.
- You have a strong background in distributed data processing, software engineering and data modeling.
- Outstanding written and verbal data storytelling, demonstrated consulting skill and ability to tailor communication style and depth to a variety of audiences.
- Highly autonomous, versatile, intellectually curious, and resilient within a dynamic and fast-paced organization.
- BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Physics, or other behavioral and/or equivalent quantitative science.
Extra, nice to haves
- Experience with developing, deploying and maintaining back-end production code, including (but not limited to) applied ML frameworks and applications (e.g. SciKit Learn, TensorFlow, etc.).
- Exposure to AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Proven track record of delivering solutions to a production environment.
- Experience with understanding, analyzing and modeling user data and behavioral trends.
- Experience working with marketing insights, shopping data or in the retail industry.
What we offer
- An inclusive and collaborative company culture- we work in an open environment while working together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs as they come.
- Market competitive total compensation package.
- Volunteer time off and charitable donation matching.
- Regular hackathons to build your own projects and work with people across the entire company
- Strong support for career growth, including mentorship programs, leadership training, access to conferences and employee resource groups.
- Great benefits package including health/vision/dental, exceptional maternity leave coverage, unlimited PTO, flexible schedule, 401K/RRSP matching, travel reimbursement and much more.
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we'd love for you to apply! Don't worry if you think that you don't meet all the qualifications here. The tools, technology and methodologies we use are constantly changing and we value talent and interest over specific experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.
calendar_today1 day ago