Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect, Consulting (BB-ECE04)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Description:Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Canada
All Available Locations: Calgary; Ottawa; Toronto; Vancouver
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Are you someone who likes a challenge? Then read on.
What will your typical day look like?
You will be part of our Cloud Engineering Consulting practice and will be responsible for delivering cloud solutions for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), application migrations to OCI, migration of Oracle product suites and software to OCI (including Oracle Databases). Responsibilities will include assessment, design and implementation of cloud infrastructure, cloud security, and middleware security and integration.
Assess client's Oracle workloads and technology landscape for OCI suitability (including Oracle databases, OCI Network and Security design for complex architectures to support high availability and disaster recovery requirements)
- Demonstrate an understanding of OCI and middleware designs
- Document technical requirements from clients
- Define migration strategy to move both Oracle and non-Oracle workloads to OCI IaaS/PaaS (or other cloud providers IaaS/PaaS)
- Develop detailed cloud architecture blueprints and detailed documentation
- Design the overall cloud landing zone (including the VPC, server instances, storage instances, subnets, availability zones, etc.)
- Design the cloud network architecture including VPN connectivity between regions and subnets
- Support the reviews of cloud environments so it meets security and compliance controls
- Demonstrate an understanding of Oracle licensing models for both Oracle software and OCI
- Support the development of economic cost analysis for cloud migration
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through interactions with your client and providing sound technical advisory
- Travel up to 80-100% (While 40% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Support go-to-market activities as a sales Cloud Architect
About the team
Deloitte is an industry leader in enabling our clients' Cloud Transformation programs. From cloud consulting, to implementation, and ongoing managed services we offer a full range of Cloud services and solutions. Building your career at Deloitte offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge cloud technologies to deliver next-gen Cloud solutions.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
As an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect, you have:
- Oracle Technology project implementation and/or production support experience
- OCI certification with a strong background and understanding of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and technology.
- 2+ years of OCI architecture design and implementation and/or support experience (implementation on other cloud providers is a bonus)
- 2+ years of Oracle and non-Oracle workload migration to OCI (or other cloud providers)
- In depth knowledge of Oracle SaaS and PaaS
- Experience with data protection and data classification on OCI
- Oracle EBS Apps DBA Implementation and Production Support experience
- Firm understanding of Oracle licensing models and creating economic cost analysis for cloud migration
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering, Information Technology
- Knowledge of best practices and market trends pertaining to Cloud (OCI, Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
calendar_today20 hours ago