Environment, Health and Safety Specialist (BB-4A6E1)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Reporting to the Manager, Environment, Health & Safety, the Environment, Health & Safety Specialist (12mo term) is responsible for providing proactive advice and support to management on workplace health & safety, environment, workplace or process design and on other matters relating to the reduction of workplace accidents and injuries at MCI. Enable and support Health and Safety Environment management system to mitigate workplace risk and achieve company environment, health & safety goals and objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Contributes to the development and implementation of the Environment, Health & Safety policies and procedures for MCI.
• Contributes to the development, preparation and implementation of MCI's Environment Health & Safety Management System
• Supports the implementation of and monitors the development of Job Safety Analysis and Safe Work Practices for MCI operations.
• Educates and supports line management and employees on relevant Environment, Health & Safety practices and loss reduction activities such as incident investigations, Joint Health and Safety Committees and other applicable training sessions.
• Conducts workplace, work processes and/or workstation assessments and analysis to eliminate or reduce the potential for injuries.
• Develops and delivers safety orientation and training as required.
• Monitors and audits Company compliance with applicable safety, health and environment legislation/regulations and recommends appropriate actions to ensure compliance.
• Support line management in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause and corrective actions.
• Supports Joint Health and Safety Committees, functions and activities.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in relevant disciplines is an asset.
• Relevant workplace health and safety experience is an asset.
• Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous demands.
• Detail orientation with the ability to prepare written and statistical reports.
• Planning, organizational process management.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to professionally interact with regulatory agency representatives.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
calendar_today15 hours ago
work MCI Coach