Treasury Administrator (BB-F2216)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and opportunity in moving the organization forward. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is a Platinum Club Member in Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. Our success is directly attributed to our dedicated and talented team of professionals who work hard together with a common purpose – to keep us on the leading edge in safety, technology, and analysis.
It’s not by chance that Challenger is a leading North American freight transportation company. In 40 years, Challenger has grown from one person with a vision and a truck to an international transportation and supply chain management company.
We win as a team when we work as a team, and succeed when our employees succeed. We want people who are resilient, team-oriented, and driven because we are laser focused on meeting commitments to our People, Customer, and Profit. If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then apply with us.
We offer the following in our search for engaged employees looking to become part of a successful team:
- A continuous learning environment that develops your individual career goals
- A continuous improvement environment where all ideas are explored
- Engaged coaches and mentors who will provide guidance but also allow autonomy
- Team atmosphere
- Competitive and comprehensive total rewards package including company paid group benefits and company sponsored retirement savings plan
- Support of professional memberships and certifications
- Standard office hours; Monday to Friday from approximately 8:00am to 5:00pm
As part of the Finance team, the Treasury Administrator role is responsible for preparing accurate cash flow forecasts for company management and analyze our liquidity to calculate our borrowing availability in a timely fashion to ensure long term financial sustainability.
Complete the Daily AR Roll-Forward / Reconciliation
- Download invoice, adjustment and cash records for prior day, calculate roll-forward and reconcile aging reports
Perform Bank Reconciliations & Journal Entries
- Download bank transactions, update activity and ongoing reconciliation worksheets.
- Fully reconcile all assigned accounts for each fiscal period and retain all related supporting information for audits including archival of non-AR cash receipts.
Prepare Daily Spending Forecast and Drawdown
- Reconcile previous day’s forecast to determine if anything needs to be carried forward to current day’s forecast or other differences.
- Create a detailed and accurate spending forecast each day to determine our borrowing request from the bank.
- Present the forecast for review and send in drawdown requests to the bank before 11:00AM deadline.
Update Extended Spending/Receipt/Billing Forecast
- Update spending, receipts and billing short term forecasts
- Work closely with Accounts Receivable team to determine if any cash receipt forecasts need to be changed due to change in activity with customer.
- Work closely with accounts payable team to help resolve any ad hoc issues they may have.
Initiate Payment of Taxes (Payroll, HST etc.)
- Pay what is owed each week in a timely manner based on input from other areas. Book the payments in the AP system.
- Pay HST / QST balances and prepare related banking transactions
Various other Banking Tasks
- Request bank drafts and place stop payments.
- Act as liaison to the bank for a variety of banking issues.
- Set up various bill and wire payments
- Work closely with Accounts Payable and Payroll teams to advise on any returned items or notices of change.
Complete the Monthly Borrowing Base Certificate
- Calculate Ineligible portions of AR and inventory collateral plus bank required reserves
- Prepare an AR and AP concentration summary
- Prepare summary report for review and submission to bank.
- Prepare financial reconciliations for review and submission to the bank
- Performs other duties as required
What You Need To Be Successful In This Role:
- Minimum of 2 years finance or bookkeeping experience is required
- Experience with accounting for bank transactions is an asset
- Post-secondary education in Business, Accounting or Economics is an asset
- Strong Excel skills are required (Intermediate to Advanced knowledge, including working knowledge of Excel macros)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP and MS Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) is an asset
- Great time management and organizational skills
- A Positive, Can-Do Attitude
- Ability to work independently
- A quick learner, with the ability to manage competing deadlines
- Ability to handle difficult situations with internal and external customers
- Willingness to take the initiative in making improvements and resolving issues
How To Apply:
If you are looking to join a premier transportation company, and become an integral part of results oriented team who constantly challenge themselves to Go The Distance for our customers and for each other, the role of Treasury Administrator may be right for you.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Challenger Motor Freight Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples. By submitting your resume, you consent Challenger Motor Freight Inc. to share this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for.
calendar_today2 hours ago
work Challenger Motor Freight Inc.