Sustainability Business Development Specialist (BB-7EB8F)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
We are looking for a Sustainability Business Development Specialist (BDS) based at our Montreal location reporting to Sustainability Business Development Manager. The Sustainability BDS will lead Nestlé Nespresso Canada towards new engagements respecting all applicable environmental standards in covered territories. In this framework, the BDS will support the Business Development Manager in collaboration with Technical & Quality Management and Marketing, to identify and implement new strategies to grow and expand the recycling program across Canada. The Sustainability/recycling program is one of the key priorities that would make the Business’ success in Canada for the coming years.
A day in the life of...
In a fast-growing environment, the Business Development Specialist will:
• Be one of the key point of contact for municipalities, governments and other stakeholders (municipal recycling facilities – MRF, NGOs, associations, etc.) for the technical aspects of recycling program and sustainability business development. Interact and negotiate with contractors and subcontractors. Proactive, meets stakeholders and project requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Have experience with design and implementation of business development strategy: organize cross-functional project teams and sub-teams to develop and implement new business development strategies related to sustainability and process improvement projects for the organization and cross-functional partners.
• Build and assist in the development of the Market/territory sustainability strategies (short/mid/long term roadmap), including but not limited to green bag expansion leads generation, new launches, client relationship, etc.
• Be a proven technical & commercial expert of the company on sustainability and recycling, representing the company and interacting with the industry counterparts in the corresponding territory. Maintain the existing sustainability network and develop new contacts within the industry in the covered territory.
• Understand recycling data (historical and current) as well as sustainability objectives and be able to communicate them clearly to the stakeholders. Assess recycling projections and business plans of the organization and evaluate the business expansion needs for the company in the covered territories.
• Identify business strengths and needs of stakeholders related to sustainability while following industry trends locally and internationally. The person in this role will develop growth plans and define the successes as well as the areas that need improvements.
• Make recommendations to management regarding recycling/sustainability for the necessary changes in order to meet the local municipalities and governments needs/expectations.
• Proven of high-level communication skills and ability to negotiate with stakeholders and all the other parties. Write business proposals, draft, process and revise the current contracts and renegotiate if needed. Strong presentation skills and ability to deliver conferences related to technical aspects of sustainability when required.
• May manage small cross-functional projects related or not to sustainability. May conduct and document project specific weekly meetings, prepare/update project status reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
• Assist the Business Development Manager in all environmental & sustainability development related matters.
What will make you successful
As the successful candidate, you will need to have a learning mindset and really enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. You will already have great project management and analytical skills coupled with your highly organised, entrepreneurial approach. Pro-activity, attention to detail and curiosity are essential, as is your ability to understand and work within our competitive market. You will also:
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, Chemical Sciences, Biology and/or experience in related field
• Proven business development experience is required
• Proven sales experience in a related product or service or training in sales management
• Government relations experience and passion for sustainability are a plus
• Ability to express technical and nontechnical concepts clearly
• Teamwork & Results oriented
• Independent worker and ability to work under pressure and in new environments
• Organizational skills to meet goals and set priorities
• Innate drive to succeed and take initiative
• Pedagogical and behaviour-based approach
• Interpersonal skills
• High verbal/oral and communication skills
• Must be bilingual (French, English)
• Available to travel about once/Month in Canada.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in related fields
• Sales experience
We have a friendly, supportive team with a coaching and mentoring environment. There are real opportunities for future development and progression – this really could be a move towards the exciting opportunity to drive strategy and build a career in sustainability/Business Development.
Please note: Education Verification, Reference Checks and Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
The closing date for applications is February 28th 2021. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
calendar_today8 hours ago