AUTOMATION LEAD (BB-DB7FF)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
We are looking for an Automation Lead to be based at the Ear Falls, Ontario Sawmill site.
Reporting to the General Manager of the Ear Falls Sawmill, you will be responsible for the implementation of control systems, programming on start-up projects and daily operational issues.
This position will be responsible for system specification, design, architecture and development of automated systems with the Maintenance team, Electrical technicians, Electricians and operational crew to maximize Automation efficiency and meet needs within every sawmill.
- Leverage technical expertise to analyze, identify technical issues and implement solutions.
- Develop and support Automation initiatives on many platforms.
- Prepare Electrical Design, Programming, Instrumentation and Industrial IT initiative to support start-up for all other lumber units.
- Train technician on Automation System.
- Prepare configuration of various automation systems (process control systems, safety instrumented systems and fire and gas systems) including code development, ability to specify hardware needed as per projects or situation.
- Responsible for implementing code, system simulation, operator training and commissioning support to all units.
- Develop standards, procedures, training manuals, and other documentation for projects or internal use.
- Oversee the use of communication networks for control of equipment and monitoring systems to include IP addressing and managed switches effecting process control.
- Ensure project documentation according to management standards and expectations.
- Participate in various other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Independent and initiative.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment.
- Is flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments and situations.
- Technician/Technologist Certificate, Electrician Qualification or equivalent, with at least 5 years of experience related to Automation.
- A sawmill environment experience preferred.
- Automation System training/certification to coach other.
- Experience in PLC development, support and testing services.
- Experience configuring control systems in a manufacturing environment with start-up projects experience within Sawmills. (Lumber industry).
- Hands-on PLC programming installation/service engineering/troubleshoot hardware and peripheral devices and hands-on troubleshooting machine control systems, machine start- up and de-bugging.
- Working knowledge of VFD and Servo Motor control.
- Understanding of the use of Automation in a Sawmill plant process and basic unit operations to assist with the design of process control strategies.
- Understanding basic pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- Valid driver license.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.
calendar_today1 day ago
location_onEar Falls, Canada
work EACOM Timber Corporation