9-1-1 emergency services dispatcher (BB-30A64)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Do you like the adrenaline rush?
How well do you manage your stress and your emotions under pressure?
The unpredictable stimulates you?
We have the job you are looking for!
For its Police Department, Ville de Laval is looking for:
DISPATCHER S EMERGENCY SERVICES 9-1-1
Several permanent positions
The challenges ahead:
You receive and handle urgent calls from the public so that the appropriate interventions are made in the aim to ensure the safety of the population and property. You operate a terminal to receive and transmit various messages. You send information, messages and directives to the units of the Service or organizations concerned.
- Identify the nature and urgency of the request and process it in accordance with the local guidelines and procedures in place at the 911 Emergency Call Center;
- Assume, in accordance with the policies of the Service, the handling of emergency calls and requests for information from the public, police or various organizations;
- Enter the relevant data at the terminal such as the date, time and origin of the call, the nature and the seriousness emergency;
- Using the call distribution screen, view the availability of patrol vehicles or fire resources and assign them to call handling in order of priority.
And more ... It's a challenging job, see for yourself!
The profile sought:
- Hold a secondary school diploma (DES);
- Have two (2 ) years of experience in a call center and / or customer service or other relevant field;
- Be available full-time to work on rotating day, evening and night shifts, all year round.
- Very good command of French and English (written and spoken);
- Comfort with computer tools and data entry (alphanumeric fingering);
- Knowing how to resist stress and show composure by speaking clearly and calmly;
- Have the facility to perform several tasks at the same time;
- Have no legal impediments in connection with the employment.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base salary ranging from $ 44,691.47 to $ 68,756.10 per year ;
- Full-time position (33.75 hours / week) with the possibility of overtime;
- Rotation bonus (evening and night);
- Competitive social benefits (pension plan and group insurance);
- Possibility of a career plan;
- Training paid by the employer (initial training: 4 weeks full-time on the daytime schedule);
- An easily accessible workplace and free parking.
Why choose Ville de Laval? Because we can offer you, in addition to the challenges presented by the third largest city in Quebec, competitive working conditions, but above all a quality of life allowing you to better reconcile work and personal life.
Be part of the change now and apply online no later than February 16, 2021 at
We thank everyone who applied. However, we will only communicate with those selected.
Ville de Laval has an access to equal employment program. It values diversity and invites women, minoritiesvisible, ethnic minorities, natives and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about any special arrangements needed, should you be invited to a selection.
calendar_today2 days ago
work Ville de Laval