Agriculture Specialist, Commercial Banking (BB-A5298)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Description:We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
Agriculture Specialist, Commercial Banking
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
The Agriculture Specialist proactively leverages their in-depth Agriculture industry experience to assist the Commercial Managers increase their Agriculture industry knowledge, promote the CIBC brand in the local Agriculture community, and maintain key referral and advocate relationships within the Agriculture sector. The role is also called upon to provide specialized internal advice and input on more complex, top quartile client accounts regarding capacity and production, operating performance and potential, and risk management. Working with primarily CIBC's top quartile Agri-business accounts, the role provides a firm foundation for more senior portfolio management and sales roles.
How You'll Succeed
- Develop new client relationships through agri-business development activities leveraging referral sources, existing Ag clients and centers of influences. Proactively assessing client needs and propose solutions to deliver what matters to our clients.
- Actively monitor and manage the relationship with a client by fully understanding their goals, objectives and status of the client's business. Identifying, targeting and actively calling on prospective clients. Structure, negotiate and document credit and cash management arrangements with clients and prospects that meet client needs
- Leading our participation in trade shows and other Agriculture industry and community related events. Maintaining regular contact with industry advocates and government leaders.
- Manage the Bank's image in a designated rural market through demonstrating professionalism in the marketplace and being an Agriculture spokesperson for the Bank in their market area.
Who You Are
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- Experiences you bring. You have professional experience within the financial industry with a focus in agriculture commercial banking experience.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact. You have proven business development (sales) skills.
- Education You've Completed. You have a Bachelors or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Agribusiness, Accounting, or related field.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
calendar_today2 days ago
location_onLangley City, Canada