Radiation Therapy Clerk, BC Cancer (BB-7CA81)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Radiation Therapy Clerk
BC Cancer, Vancouver, $23.98/hr.
What you do
- Receives written or electronic orders for treatment planning from Radiation Oncologists and other caregivers; schedules and books the appropriate appointments via the computerized system; communicates appointment information to patients, hospitals and others as necessary.
- Processes doctors’ orders by performing duties such as completing requisitions for tests or services,
- Arranging appointments, and obtaining test results.
- Performs reception duties such as receiving and directing patients and families, providing information and instructions based on established procedures; receiving telephone calls from patients, doctors or hospital staff, taking and transmitting messages, and providing information such as start of treatment date, or outline of procedure. Refers problems to appropriate leader or physician.
- Arranges to have all required information available prior to appointment by arranging for and acquiring electronic or paper documents such as charts, film records, and test results from nternal and external resources.
- Performs clerical duties related to image management and storage such as obtaining and returning internally and/or externally generated images, preparing storage envelopes as needed and film filing.
- Collects and distributes patient information such as patient lists, requisitions, or printed schedules by performing duties such as typing or printing the document, picking up or forwarding/delivering to appropriate areas.
- Prepares routine correspondence and reports and maintains statistics such as number of patient appointments utilizing computer software such as word processing and in-house scheduling program.
What you bring
Grade 12, medical terminology and graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk Program plus one (1) year’s related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What you have
- Ability to keyboard at 40 w.p.m.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize work
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel,
Regular Full time
600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday – Friday – 0730-1530, 0830-1630,930-1730, 1000-1800 or as operations require
Requisition Number: 103963
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of February 18, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
calendar_today21 hours ago