Director, Operational Risk Global Banking & Markets (Capital Markets) (BB-BAE56)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Requisition ID: 91799
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job
Leads the second line operational risk oversight team for wholesale banking, capital markets and treasury business functions. The Director is responsible for providing advisory and healthy challenge in the business lines' operational risk management practices, including the effective execution of all Operational Risk Management Framework tools in complying with the relevant operational risk policies and standards as well as ensuring proactive management of the top and emerging risks as identified.
- Leverage strong business knowledge, act as a trusted advisor, provide value-added advice and independent effective challenge to the Global Banking and Markets and Group Treasury business lines in their operational risk management, utilizing key operational risk management tools such as Risk Control Self Assessments, operational risk scenario analysis, New Initiative Risk Assessment, Operational Risk Events escalation and assessment, issues management, and Key Risk Indicators reporting.
- Develop strong partnership, stay abreast of the business priorities and acts as the main point of contact to Global Banking and Markets and Group Treasury first line internal control teams, and applicable corporate support functions globally.
- Provide change leadership by pro-actively identifying opportunities and drive enhancement to the operational risk oversight practice; Provide insight to support the enhancement of the Bank's operational risk management framework tools, methodologies and program
- Drive thematic analysis and root cause problem solving on issues identified through ope.rational risk events reviews, self-assessments, scenario analysis and other reviews/testing including those performed by Audit, Shareholder Auditors, Compliance and Regulators to determine significant risks and ensure sound risk mitigations.
- Provide executive reporting on the business line operational risk profiles and represent Global Operational Risks to various risk committees as applicable, providing sound metrics, value-added advice and insight.
- Liaise with other non-financial risks specialist areas as well as second line operational risk teams globally to ensure holistic approach: Stays up to date on all relevant internal, external risk events, and industry development in order to drive awareness and focus on managing top and emerging risks.
- Manage and co-ordinate various regulatory requirements as requested by OSFI/FCAC/Internal Partners and provide support to the department and other Bank units as required.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Champion a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviors; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- University degree in business, mathematics, engineering or other related fields is required. Master degree in finance, economics or business, and/or CFA designation are preferred.
- Expert knowledge in the business, product and end to end processes of wholesale capital market, lending, global business payment and treasury management business.
- 5+ years experience in business management, internal control, risk management, compliance, audit or related areas.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills working with senior levels of management as well as global teams.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation and facilitation skills. Strong collaborator and skillful in stakeholder management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated success at managing a team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Risk Management, Manager, Developer, Finance, Management, Technology
calendar_today1 day ago