Director, Medical Affairs - Oncology (BB-A90C3)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Janssen Pharmaceutical, companies of Johnson & Johnsonare hiring a Director, Medical Affairs Oncology located in Toronto, Ontario.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving someof the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology,neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseasesand women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovativeproducts, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc.is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson.Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
The Director, Medical Affairs Oncology supports the businessgoals and objectives and has primary accountability for building and developingJanssen Canada’s medical and scientific leadership within Oncology. This rolewill represent Canada and the VP, MA on global teams (as designated by the VP,MA) and will be the designated alternate for the VP, MA on external industryassociations such as IMC (Innovative Medicine Canada) as required.
The Director, Medical Affairs, through effective leadershipof the medical team will establish and foster professional relationships, supportinginternal and external scientific needs. They will leverage theirclinical/medical/scientific knowledge to advance the interests of JanssenCanada and to ensure that patients and healthcare professions derive maximalbenefit from our products. They will represent the overall Medical Scienceorganization on cross functional initiatives as required.
The Director, Medical Affairs will be a strong and effectivepeople leader; accountable for the development and leadership of ahigh-performance team. They will be highly engaged in objective setting andperformance management, providing clarity of direction, ensuring the strategyand deliverables of the organization are clearly understood and communicated.Cross functional collaboration and the fostering of strong relationships acrossthe organization will be an important measure of success, demanding anindividual with strong influencing skills, a collaborative approach andstrategic business acumen.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Represents, leads and promotes Janssen as the scientificpartner of choice through thought leadership and influence of key opinionleaders on the fundamental issues affecting the industry within the designatedtherapeutic areas
• Oversees the design and implementation of Medical Affairsplans (both evidence generating and evidence disseminating) within their spanof control and ensures the development of integrated evidence generation plansthat are strategically aligned with the business
• Seeks out and leverages opportunities for knowledge sharingon a global basis and develops new and innovative strategies to achievescientific and business results
• Attracts, develops and retains high-caliber team members,helping to build a medical and scientific pool to drive future success of JanssenCanada
• Establishes a culture of high performance by focusing onthe delivery of high priority, core activities within their teams
• Develops and fosters strong collaborative relationshipswith internal partners including Regulatory Affairs, Global ClinicalOperations, Access, Sales and Marketing to meet business objectives
• Leads team in the development of differentiation platformsaround key clinical and other health outcomes attributes
• Supports the design, development and management of Phase IIthrough IV clinical programs within Canada including Investigator InitiatedStudies and other evidence generating activities to address Canadian needs
• Interfaces effectively with the global partners to maximizelifecycle opportunities for products both locally and at a global level
• Interacts with Key Opinion Leaders, Regulatory Authorities,and other external agencies in support of our products, therapeutic areas ofinterest and company objectives
• A minimum of a Doctor of Medicine (MD), Ph.D. or PharmD. isrequired
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant pharmaceutical industryexperience is required, with prior experiencein a senior Medical Leadership Role with a proven track record of significantsuccess in leadership and strategy development
• A minimum of 5 years of direct people management experienceis required
• Knowledge of multiple therapeutic areas is an asset
• Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to work withand motivate teams
• Excellent interdependent partnering ability, includingability to effectively work with customers and colleagues, and ability to workeffectively in a cross functional team environment
• Proven track record developing, presenting and publishingclinical studies
• Demonstrated skills in identifying and developing solutionsto data gaps using current best practice approaches to data generation
• Demonstrated skills in the areas of sound judgement, peopledevelopment, critical analysis, negotiation, and innovation
Johnson &Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, nationalorigin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against onthe basis of disability.
calendar_today2 days ago
work Johnson & Johnson