CLINICAL PRACTICE EDUCATOR – ACUTE/MEDICAL (BB-BBFBA)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
If you have great communication and problem solving skills, have the ability multitask and work cohesively with both internal and our community partners, we have a wonderful career opportunity for you as a Clinical Practice Educator in acute/medical services.
As the Clinical Practice Educator (CPE) you will provide leadership in the delivery of nursing education and instruction to staff and patients/clients based on adult education principles and philosophy within a specific clinical specialty or patient/client population. The CPE applies nursing theory, advanced knowledge and leadership concepts in providing clinical guidance and resource support to staff. The CPE assists the Manager in establishing and maintaining standards of care and in providing and participating in continuous quality improvement environment. The CPE provides guidance and support to staff in the application of the nursing process in the provision of patient/client care.
The CPE is a very autonomous position who acts as generalist nursing expert, promoting the attainment of the established educational goals by:
• Compiling, conducting and evaluating unit specific orientation programs and developing a plan with the staff member identifying practice requiring further strengthening and/or review.
• Responding to formal requests from others for instruction or demonstration.
• Providing input to continuing educational programs in relation to the area of specialization.
• Role modeling direct patient/client care skills to staff and students and providing information based on application of theories, concepts and principles in providing excellence in quality patient/client care based on specialized theory and practice.
• Teaching and instructing patients/clients as necessary.
• Increasing staff awareness of educational opportunities within the hospital and community through the distribution and/or display of information and/or brochures.
• Facilitating and assisting Clinical Leaders to enable access to educational opportunities.
The work schedule for this position Monday through Friday from 07:30 to 15:30 hours. This relief position will run until December 31, 2021 or return of the incumbent.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area, three years’ recent related experience in clinical area of expertise and two years’ formal experience in adult teaching/learning, curriculum development, teaching, providing in service or staff development function or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current CPR certification.
**Medical unit experience would be considered an asset.
calendar_today1 day ago
work ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL