Personal Support Worker (BB-B9A35)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Under the general supervision of the Resident Care Co-ordinator and the day to day direction of a Registered
Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse:
1. Provide complete Resident health care as directed and outlined in home procedures (e.g. hygiene, shaving, bathing, grooming, palliative care, etc.).
2. Position and ambulate Residents as required to promote comfort and health and in accordance with the Resident Care Plan.
3. Ensure Resident safety consistent with policies and procedures.
4. Serve food trays, verify special diets and feed Residents as required.
5. Assist Residents with activities to promote self-reliance and self-esteem for rehabilitation purposes.
6. Utilize the nursing process to observe and communicate information regarding the physical and emotional well-being of the Resident to the health team (e.g. activities, fluid intake/output, appetite, etc.).
7. Assist Registered Nurse/Registered Practical Nurse with updating Resident Care Plans.
8. Document pertinent information legibly, accurately and concisely on flow sheets and as required.
9. Ensure mechanical equipment and supplies used for Resident care are properly maintained and used in a safe and effective manner.
10. Clean and organize utility rooms and cupboards as required.
11. Maintain communication and collaborate with all members of the health care team, Residents and Families.
12. Participate on committees as required.
13. Continue self growth through professional development.
14. Maintain a thorough knowledge of Home’s Nursing Policies and Procedures Manual and the Corporate Manual.
15. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
16. Perform other related duties as required.
calendar_today9 hours ago
work City of Greater Sudbury