Manager, Food Safety (BB-2D877)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Position Title: Manager, Food Safety
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Oakbrook Terrace
Grade: Grade 06
Requisition ID: 5841
Manager, Food Safety
This position will lead McCain North America's food safety validation programs and provide leadership and technical expertise to design experiments and validations to support the effectiveness of RTE processes through plant implementation and NRTE cook instruction development by use of a consistent and measurable best practices approach, compliant to country specific regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Note: Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed to meet overall McCain food safety goals and objectives.
• Own, lead, and support McCain Foods as the subject matter expert on RTE manufacturing food safety and NRTE cook instruction validations.
• Develop microbiology-related studies for understanding and management of product and process risks relating to Critical Control Point (CCP) validation experiments.
• Provide and apply technical knowledge (data, literature, etc.) and leadership to assure that the manufacturing processes and environments are microbiologically safe for the production of food products.
• Design of microbiological challenge and validation studies for food products (i.e. shelf life, NRTE cook validations).
• Evaluate and provide guidance on proper design of food plants to world-class RTE standards.
• Active food safety leadership in new product development initiatives
• Conduct and document data based risk assessments using technical, scientific, regulatory, and industry inputs. This include active review, interpretation, and communication of recommendations for food safety assessments or investigations.
• Interpret sensitive food safety related technical information and provide objective science based recommendations
• Provide scientific expertise and technical leadership to support compliance and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
• Effectively communicate and liaise with plant quality and plant managers to problem solve, trouble shoot, and resolve food safety issues. This includes education and technical information sharing to continually increase overall knowledge of plant personnel.
• Identify, develop, train, and support execution of food safety programs, controls, processes, and McCain policies and procedures in alignment with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
• Maintain abreast of current and evolving food safety considerations and best practices.
• Lead general technical food safety projects for NRTE plants on an as needed.
• Minimum of 7 years' experience in the food industry with a minimum of 3 years in Ready-to-Eat operations and validating cook instructions.
• Functional food safety expert in RTE manufacturing.
• In-depth knowledge of food safety, food microbiology, manufacturing processes, food regulations, sanitary design and quality management.
• Ability to develop and execute statistical design of experiments to validate food safety programs.
• Experience or proven ability to apply science based technical knowledge to critical food safety programs (e.g. RTE CCP and preventative control validations, NRTE cook validations etc.).
• Experience in the management of Environmental Monitoring Programs (data analysis, trending, reporting, root cause analysis, etc.)
• Proficient in problem solving techniques
• Project management experience. This includes planning, scheduling and coordinating teams and activities to completion.
• Ability to work and interact effectively with all levels in the organization including Plant employees, Peers, and Senior Leaders
• Ability to effectively interact with industry partners/councils, consultants, and regulatory agencies as an agent of the company.
PERSONAL & LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to communicate a vision that is clear, and inspiring.
• Understands how to use various methods and tools to engage all levels of the organization to ensure commitment to change. This included technical to non-technical communications that are meaningful and impactful.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate work in a team environment and to build and maintain relationships across the organization.
• Strong communication, influencing and conflict management skills
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect and sensitivity for diversity
• BS Degree in Microbiology, Food Science or related field.
• Master’s degree (or PhD) in a related field is nice to have.
calendar_today2 days ago