Senior Developer (BB-2642A)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
• Understand and validate the needs expressed by the team, in close collaboration with the Product Owner (PO) and/or users.
• Assist in designing, programming, configuring and integrating the solution in a “just enough—just in time” mentality:
o using development best practices supported by the Centres of Excellence (CoE) and applying the proper design, breakdown and modelling patterns for processing, data and hosting infrastructure, etc.
o Guide the team’s technical choices based on the best practices and the corporate standards to which he/she will be called on to contribute
o showing constant concern for guaranteeing the security and preserving the confidentiality of digital information
o preparing his/her development work for the execution of automated tests
o performing the required tests throughout the development process until production, avoiding service interruptions
o measuring the qualities of the developed solution (performance, robustness, functional coverage of the tests, etc.)
o implementing or using a continuous integration and deployment pipeline
• Communicate and discuss technical choices with peers.
• Actively participate and initiate discussions between team members regarding design choices related to best practices and corporate standards
• Assist in code review of his/her peers.
• Provide technical support for the software solution once put into production (anomalies, maintenance, oversight, etc.)
• Actively contribute to make sure the documentation required for the sustainability of the designed elements exists, is valid and kept up to date. Support the team for the documentation strategy and promote best practices
• Take responsibility for complex tasks and set the standard in his/her area of technical expertise.
• Actively collaborate in all the team’s activities (ceremony planning, definition of done, etc.)
• College diploma or bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant fields.
• +7 years of experience in Software development
• Knowledge of Agile and DevOps principles and an ability to apply them in a teamwork context.
• Knowledge of cloud, container and virtualization technologies (e.g. Azure DevOps, Docker, …).
• Development languages, tools & technologies:
o Azure cloud services & tools
o MS-SQL, Azure SQL & Storage (MongoDB – Nice to have)
o Kafka (Nice to have)
o GIT & TFS
o ASP.NET & ASP.NET Core, C#, VB.NET, WCF, WPF
• Experience in object-oriented programming and SOLID principles.
• Experience with unit testing and test-driven development (TDD).
• Understanding of integration strategies using enterprise applications, data integration requirements, APIs and event-driven architectures.
• Understanding of design, architecture and integration patterns [e.g. Pub/Sub, CQRS, Event Sourcing, etc.].
• Knowledge of Behaviour-driven Development (BDD) & Domain-driven Design (DDD) practices.
• Strong ability to identify and resolve issues.
• Knowledge of the financial services and insurance industry (asset).
calendar_today5 days ago
work IA Clarington Investments Inc