Senior Project Manager (BB-D77BC)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Senior Project Manager - Agile/Cloud
On behalf of our client in the Government Services Sector, PROCOM is looking for a Senior Project Manager - Agile/Cloud.
Senior Project Manager - Agile/Cloud – Job Description
- Provides project management on large scale, complex, high profile and high-risk projects for I&IT initiatives.
- Ensures project deliverables meet clients’ business requirements on time, scope and budget, with a focus on cost-effectiveness, efficiencies and compliance with project management methodologies and frameworks.
- Leads organizational development, strategy development, business planning, and Ministry funding requests.
- Gathers and develops requirements in order to create and maintain a detailed project schedule and/or integrated plan.
- Sources, selects and on-boards team members in various disciplines, clarify roles and responsibilities and set task/deliverable/performance expectations for resources that are both unionized employees as well as fee for service (FFS) consultants.
- Resolves resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, negotiates changes to resourcing, ensures knowledge is shared among team members such as project objectives and deliverables are met.
- Develops complex project budgets based on multiple funding channels and cross ministry dependencies.
- Effectively manages large project budgets and ensures a high level of fiscal control and accountability including estimates, forecasts and reconciliation/confirmation of actuals.
- Proactively identifies potential risk events and issues before they occur so that proper mitigating strategies can be developed.
- Articulates and prioritizes issues and risks at senior executive levels and recommends mitigation strategies for decision makers.
- Establishes and participates in steering committee and stakeholder forums.
- Provides, project, program, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels.
- Uses appropriate strategies and actions to overcome resistance to change and capitalize on forces in support of change during all stages of projects - concept, definition, planning, implementation and close-out.
- Promotes I&IT standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality, adherence to standard methodology and the control of the use of I&IT resources.
Senior Project Manager - Agile/Cloud – Mandatory Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Project Management’s Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
- Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards
- Ability to make recommendations on the acquisition of software, hardware, and technology resources
- Experience managing and coordinating project monitoring, anticipates and troubleshoots issues, provides ongoing expertise, resolves problems and provides project effectiveness
- Ability to identify conflict between project and functional areas and develops responses to successfully address conflict
- Ability to handle client relationships to manage expectations, provides updates as required, identifies potential conflicts between project and functional areas
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Ability to monitor and forecast project costs and provide reporting and input to ensure targets are met
- Experience developing and managing project schedules, deliverables, and scope
- Ability to promote I&IT project management best practices and adherence to standard methodologies
- Demonstrated experience directing project teams to ensure project deliverables are delivered on time and adhere to government and ministry standards
- Extensive experience coordinating and monitoring project processes, and developing/communicating guidelines and procedures
Senior Project Manager - Agile/Cloud - Assignment Start Date
ASAP – 12 months to start
Senior Project Manager - Agile/Cloud - Assignment Location
Toronto, ON – Working Remotely
calendar_today1 day ago