ESS System Support Technician II (BB-10D9E)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
What you will do
Support the dedicated Enterprise Solutions and Services team within Johnson Controls Security Solutions and other Business Units as required. Provide remote diagnostic and technical reporting/support for customers, Johnson Controls technicians and authorized contractors. Maintain customer Security and possibly network equipment to meet compliance standards for their industry. Objectively and proactively work on Remote Projects and Service Request. There will be a requirement to work with all company branch technicians throughout U.S. and Canada.
How you will do it
- Performs scheduled, routine preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment/systems under contract agreement by inspecting, adjusting, and calibrating systems and checking out equipment to ensure it's in satisfactory working order.
- Completes maintenance, within assigned hours, in a manner that reduces emergency calls and results in achieving the goal of zero call backs.
- Assists with the start-up of new equipment or system installation and adjusts as needed to ensure the system is operational.
- Plan schedules, lay out basic electrical equipment installations and assist in the start-up and check-out of new system installations.
- Performs work assignments in a safe manner and within specified cost limits.
- Keeps up-to-date of changes and new developments in products and technology.
- Services intrusion, fire, CCTV, and access control security systems.
- Create detailed documentation/incident reporting of inspections, troubleshooting and diagnosis of customer equipment.
- Deliver routine and on time reporting to the customer regarding their system, status, health and compliance status.
- When needed pre-stage system before deployment and configure to system specifications
- Perform other custom support functions as stated in customer contracts as it relates to compliance or their security equipment.
What we look for
- Degree or Diploma in computer science or related field preferred.
- Ability to work on-call on a rotational basis covering after hours and weekend emergency calls.
- 1 to 3 years' experience with Intrusion, Access Control and CCTV systems.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong network and computer skills/knowledge.
- Knowledgeable in network design, preferably on a large campus type scale
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read blue prints
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues remotely.
- Ability to travel to customer locations (potential for up to 25% travel through the year).
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law.
calendar_today4 days ago
calendar_today4 days ago
work Johnson Controls