Ruby On Rails Developer (BB-75283)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
The Jonah Group is looking for an experienced Inter/Sr Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team of accomplished tech professionals to design and develop custom enterprise solutions.
What We Do:
Jonah has produced high quality commercial systems for the banking, auto finance, capital markets, health insurance and pension plan industries (to name a few). We consistently work towards designing and building high-performing enterprise solutions with emphasis placed on great user experience, robust architecture, and a perfect fit. Here at Jonah, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute your technical expertise alongside a team of software specialists who are passionate about what they do.
What You’ll Do:
- With direction from the product owners and in collaboration with the team, develop features and other improvements to our custom applications.
- Perform data migration and conversion activities
- Collaborate on the design of new features, operating efficiencies, stability improvements and overall application architecture.
- Document and maintain project artifacts.
- Assist IT Operations in the quick resolution of application or system problems.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of industry standards, methodologies, processes, and best practices.
- Follow established procedures for the design, development, testing and deployment of database and software changes.
Your Preferred Profile:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related IT discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in IT development.
- Strong, hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Strong experience with MySQL/SQL Server.
- Strong MVC Pattern experience.
- Strong grasp of OOD, SOLID and DRY principles.
- 2+ years of professional experience with jQuery, Bootstrap, Cold Fusion.
- Experience with C#.
- Ability to write unit tests.
- Screen scraping experience.
- Well-versed in software development methodologies (agile, waterfall)
- Understanding of code efficiency (time and memory complexity) and ability to select the best approach for a given task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to work flex work hours as necessary to support application launches and manage production outages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Teams and related technologies.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Can operate effectively as an individual contributor.
- Knowledge of the legal industry preferred.
Required Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL / SQL Server, jQuery, Bootstrap, ColdFusion, C#, RabbitMQ, APIs / Postman.
Nice to Have: Atlassian Bamboo, FoxPro, Smalltalk, Crystal Reports, Java Spring Boot, Node.js, mongoDB, Google Puppeteer, Vagrant, Experience with migrating/upgrading Ruby & Ruby on Rails versions.
What You’ll Like About Working Here:
- Family-friendly benefits and vacation time
- Annual training budget and professional development for fulltime employees
- The flexibility of a software consulting environment; project variety, adapting to new business domains, and building complex applications
- Ability to flex your creativity muscle, and have your opinions heard
- A work culture where you’ll look forward to coming in every day
- Enough coffee and tea to appease your daily caffeine fix
- Free food and beverages during events like Thursday Night Socials
- Downtown Toronto location (easily accessible by public transit)
Please apply via the link below:
Feel free to send us your resume anytime to email@example.com. We’ll keep your information on file (honest!) for that fateful day when preparation and opportunity collide, and together we will unleash your awesome skills on our next new project.
For more information about the Jonah Group, please visit www.jonahgroup.com, or see what it’s like to work here on LinkedIn Life Page (https://www.linkedin.com/company/65620/life/)!
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today1 day ago
work The Jonah Group