Fire Install Manager (BB-08AF7)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
What you will do
The primary function of this position is to manage the Fire Sprinkler delivery process, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction while maximizing operational efficiencies, controlling costs within the district and meeting corporate financial goals. This position will manage project engineering, project management, order entry, installation and technical installation support. This position can be based in Calgary or Edmonton.
How you will do it
• Customer Satisfaction: Coordinate with sales to analyze customer requirements and contractual obligations, determining the best possible Johnson Controls, Inc. application. Responsible for executing the best solution for total customer satisfaction. This includes maintaining effective two-way communication with the customer from the initial order point to the warranty period.
• Fiscal Responsibility: Responsible for providing the highest quality delivery at the lowest possible cost. Responsible for operating within an approved financial plan, which includes direct costs, indirect costs, accounts receivable and profitability.
• Operational Responsibility: Oversee the support activity associated with the submittal process, engineering, technical support, installation schematics, equipment delivery, outside purchasing, scheduling, labor planning and business issues, such as, bonds ,insurance and approvals. Interface with service department to ensure seamless project turnover.
• Installation Responsibility: Manage all installation requirements including material purchasing, project scheduling, with fiscal responsibility, installing through SimplexGrinnell installer or subcontractor management in accordance with company policy in a cost efficient manner. Manage the technical installation support activity including programming and operating systems according to customer specifications and applicable code requirements.
• Productivity Improvement: Ensure that effective performance measurements are assigned and employees are motivated to achieve and exceed objectives in a professional, timely and quality manner. Coordinate with and support the sales representatives in order to better serve the customer, grow the business and ultimately increase the sales volume per sales representative.
• Personnel Management: Empower, organize, and develop local installation staff into a cohesive and effective team trained and motivated to grow the business. Responsible for hiring quality individuals who possess the necessary skills, knowledge, talent, and experience to fill open job positions. Identify areas such as sales skills, business and product knowledge, and customer service, where training and development can enhance the district's abilities to meet current and future business needs. Maintain an open channel of communications among all departments and personnel to ensure consistent dialogue, foster initiative, and maintain employee morale.
• Safety Compliance: Ensure that all employees comply with corporate safety programs and that employee safety training is complete and up-to-date. Completes all workplace accident investigations as required by the company's EH&S policy. Identify safety issues and hazards and notify the corporate safety officer of conditions that require corrective action.
• Legal Compliance: Abide by Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures.
What we look for
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in management of district operation activities and fire sprinkler industry experience.
- Fire Sprinkler Operations Leadership experience preferred.
- Previous P&L management experience is an asset.
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements.
- Ability to read and negotiate terms for standard construction contracts.
- High school diploma or equivalent; degree in a business or engineering discipline preferred.
- Requires good interpersonal skills, along with effective writing, speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated management/leadership abilities to include training, team building, presentation and negotiation skills, branch administration and effective interaction with customer/company management.
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal codes required.
- Proficient with MS Office as well as online systems.
calendar_today1 day ago
work Johnson Controls