HVAC Maintenance Technician (BB-799E9)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Description:Job Description Summary The HVAC Technician will be a valued member of the Facilities team at our client’s location. The primary focus of the role is to maintain building machinery and systems in a manner consistent with the Client’s global standard processes and professional brand image and compliant with applicable local laws, rules and regulations.
This person will have maintenance responsibility for all relevant assets on a campus. The HVAC Technician will focus on the critical nature of equipment uptime.
Potential for Millwright, Electrical, and Steamfitting responsibilites.
1. Responsible for the performance of all assigned site maintenance activities.
2. Perform Preventive Maintenance, troubleshooting, basic repairs, adjustments and installations to commercial mechanical equipment including but not limited to: HVAC systems, heat pumps, condensers, cooling towers and controls, fuel systems, fire control systems, VAV and ancillary equipment, building automation systems, diesel generators and water treatment systems.
3. Respond to a variety of trouble calls or work tickets including but not limited to: hot/cold issues, general plumbing, piping repairs and minor leaks.
4. Ensure that assigned PM’s and work orders are completed and closed out in compliance with the provided schedule.
5. Respond to building system alarms to preserve the critical load, minimize equipment or system damage, and participate in root cause analysis.
6. Assist with equipment and system operational modifications, such as critical switching, Lock Out/Tag Out, and safe working area set up so that specialty contractors may perform assigned duties while minimizing risk to workers.
7. Maintain records for inventory of repair supplies and materials; prepare material requisitions for approval by Chief Engineer as replacement needs dictate.
8. Maintain vigilance and immediately report all potential system/equipment problems.
9. Comply with applicable codes, C&W and client policies including safety requirements/programs.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Use hand tools and test equipment
2. Understand and apply maintenance shop practices.
3. Respond to equipment alarms, troubleshoot systems through graphic user interface on equipment and systems, and understand systems operations so as to stabilize the situation while specialized OEM technicians are called to site.
4. Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, journals, technical documentation,
procedures, governmental regulations, blueprints and technical drawings.
5. Ability to effectively communicate to management and client representatives.
6. Act professionally with a positive and collaborative attitude to ensure a positive reflection of yourself, your team, the client and C&W.
7. Ensure client satisfaction with delivery of facility services and actively strive to increase customer satisfaction.
8. Support a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement aimed towards client satisfaction and building functions.
9. Complete and oversee other duties as directed.
1. Education: a High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
2. Experience: a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in commercial facility/plant maintenance including maintenance of mission critical mechanical infrastructure.
3. Accreditation: HVAC License required; Gas License, Steam Fitter License and Skilled Trade Certificate preferred.
4. Computer Skills: demonstrated experience in creating and working with documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; demonstrated experience with Building Management Systems and CMMS
5. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
6. Ability and willingness to work overtime and all assigned shifts, including weekends and holidays, and to be on-call as may be dictated by the needs of the business.
7. Candidate must be able to stand, walk, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch/crawl and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned duties.
8. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, unsafe places, fumes/airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
9. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
10. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.Cushman & Wakefield is committed to equity in employment and our goal is to have a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace.
calendar_today1 day ago
work Cushman & Wakefield