Digital Media Instructional Designer (BB-D811B)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Description:Digital Media Instructional Designer
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a Digital Media Instructional Designer for a 12 month contract in Calgary, AB.
Digital Media Instructional Designer Job Details
- To support safe, reliable and sustainable operations of assets, the need for high quality and effective learning and training programs for our personnel is essential. Reporting to Manager, Technical Center Learning & Development, the Learning Consultant will work with business partners across North America to develop and implement learning. The Learning Consultant will:
- With business subject matter experts, design and develop innovative digital-based learning
- Provide expert advice on instructional design methods and make technical recommendations on the quality and effectiveness of visual design to meet learning needs
- Utilize digital-media skills in innovative software platforms to professionally develop and publish high quality learning
- This position will provide broad exposure to business areas and provide an excellent opportunity to directly impact capabilities through advanced and innovative learning solutions. The ability to collaborate and advise stakeholders and peers will be critical for success.
Digital Media Instructional Designer Responsibilities
- Collaborates closely with team members and key business subject matter experts (SMEs) to perform training needs analysis, identify knowledge requirements and address capability gaps,
- Understand learning needs and provide advice on appropriate learning approaches and platforms;
- Effectively coordinate and create the design, development and implementation of high-quality learning content within required budget and timelines;
- Bring knowledge of digital media to build innovative and engaging training opportunities including designing, directing, recording, editing and publishing videos. This may include using live recording equipment for on-site video recording of specialized tasks.
- Create pre-production planning documents including shot lists, storyboards, and scripts.
- Be innovative with learning including use of animations, transitions, and other effects to make the content highly engaging and fit-for-purpose for effective delivery of key messages to the audience
- Use learning tools such as Articulate 360 and SnagIt to produce a rich multi-modal learning experience
- Follows established processes, protocols, quality and safety standards for learning content, including branding, naming conventions, safety and technical accuracy verification with business SMEs;
- Supporting change management and communication initiatives through the development of materials that enable desired outcomes.
Digital Media Instructional Designer Must Have Skills
- Multimedia Design, Communications or Education degree
- At least two (2) years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proven experience and competence in design of corporate training content and development of practical, fit-for-purpose learning solutions
- Proven experience recording, editing and exporting video content (including the use of graphics, titles, lower thirds and other special effects)
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies and adult learning principles
- Advanced knowledge and experience with digital media software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud experience including Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Media Encoder.
- A strong customer service focus and effective problems solving skills with a continuous improvement mindset
- A highly collaborative team player in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently under tight deadlines with strong time management skills, dealing with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, identify issues and risks, and mitigate or escalate as required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Stream.
- Travel to field or other business locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which may involve some overnight stays away from home
- Travel across borders may be required. The candidate must be able to provide applicable travel documentation.
- Valid driver’s license with skills and competency for safe use of a motor vehicle for purposes of driving for company business.
Digital Media Instructional Designer Nice To Have Skills
- Previous experience shooting video with DSLR or mirrorless cameras, various audio recording equipment, lighting equipment, gimbal operation.
- Previous experience creating 3D content in After Effects, or CAD software is an asset.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud experience including Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Media Encoder
- Strong diplomacy, influencing and interpersonal skills to foster collaborative working relations with internal / external stakeholders and partners at all leadership levels of the organization;
- Skilled at following repeatable planning processes and influencing others to participate and follow established processes;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, through written, oral and presentation abilities during interactions with peers, colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Strong knowledge of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, and rules of composition and grammar; knowledge of French and / or Spanish is also an asset.
Digital Media Instructional Designer Assignment Length
Digital Media Instructional Designer Location
Digital Media Specialist Start Date
Feb 15, 2021
calendar_today2 days ago