Residence Training Coordinator (BB-43A35)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
The Residence Training Coordinator will develop and coordinate all training, learning and professional development for the Department of Housing. Teams include Residence Life, the Office of Residence Education & Programs, Client Services and Residence Admissions (145 Residence Staff, 300 residents’ council members and residence sophs and the full-time professional staff) who are part of the Residence Life Management team. The Residence Training Coordinator will assist with the needs assessment, development, delivery, supervision, and evaluation of training programs delivered throughout the department of Housing, and will develop learning outcomes and assessment plans for all learning and training initiatives. In addition, the Residence Training Coordinator will lead the Hiring Committee in selecting Residence Staff.
- Undergraduate Degree in a related discipline
- Masters degree in Adult Education, Organizational Behaviour, Leadership or a related field with exposure to learning styles, adult learning principles and learning outcomes is preferred
- 5 years’ experience including management level experience in training or organizational development
- Demonstrated expertise in developing client needs analysis, designing curriculum, facilitating learning and coaching and delivering learning and development seminars
- 3-5 years' experience working in a large, complex organization;
- Experience in a University residence environment
- Experience in using interactive / multi-media technologies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated commitment to staff/student development and evaluation of educational programming including, but not limited to: advising student groups, providing leadership development; Commitment towards working with and addressing the needs of a diverse community varied in its ethnic composition, sexual orientation and abilities.
- Ability to work creatively, independently, and collaboratively with others
- Demonstrated flexibility in organizing work, showing a high degree of initiative, discernment, and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated thoughtfulness in decision making.
- Distributed or shared leadership approach
- Knowledge of training systems and theory, and learning outcomes and assessment; including familiarity with assessment tools such as; Emotional Intelligence Quotient EQ-i), StrengthFinders, Myers-Briggs Type Inventory (MBTI), Human Synergistics Leadership Simulations, etc.
- Knowledge or awareness of various measurement and evaluation tools or techniques such as Qualtrics, Microsoft Forms
- A thorough understanding of systems thinking and its relevance to organizational development
- Familiarity with Appreciative Inquiry techniques
- Detail oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Ability to write and create new training materials including electronic learning methods
- Ability to communicate effectively in visual, written and oral form to enhance learning
- Strong facilitation skills with proven public speaking and presentation skills to both large and small groups
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving; generating innovative ideas and translating them into effective programs and services
- Exemplary team management and planning skills; good supervisory skills, including conflict-management skills
- Familiarity with student development theory, learning styles and personal growth concept; multicultural sensitivity
- Experience in program evaluation and effective assessment methods along with application of results
- Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint; A working knowledge of OWL is preferred
- Familiarity with use of graphics and professional document layout
- Effective in interpersonal interactions while using a collaborative approach
- Innovative and enthusiastic while modeling a positive attitude
- Ability to handle multiple projects from different units simultaneously
Please note, successful applicants may be required to produce a current vulnerable sector record check from a police service prior to commencing employment.
calendar_today14 hours ago
work University of Western Ontario