TALENT POOL - FORENSIC ANALYTICAL TOXICOLOGIST (BB-B5808)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Description:Would you like to be part of a team involved in conducting highly specialized forensic examinations and analyses? Ontario's Centre of Forensic Sciences is one of the most extensive forensic science facilities in North America. Working with a dynamic team in beautiful Sault Ste. Marie, you will participate in conducting scientific investigations in cases involving injury or death in unusual circumstances and in crimes against persons or property.
The Centre of Forensic Sciences - Toxicology Section is seeking an experienced technologist to participate in examination of body fluids and tissues for the presence of drugs and poisons.
-This competition will be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates to fill upcoming opportunities within the next eighteen months following the closing date of the job ad posting.
-There is an immediate need to fill 1 temporary position.
What can I expect to do in this role?Working within a team environment, you will:
• Conduct extractions of biological and non-biological samples
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses using modern instrumentation such as: gas chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry, flame ionization detection or nitrogen phosphorous detection (GC-MS, GC-FID, GC-NPD); liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS); enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay
• Summarize and interpret data and produce analytical reports
• Perform instrument maintenance, and method validation
• Prepare reagents, buffers and standards
• Share responsibility for maintenance of the laboratory
•Work collaboratively on research and development projects to identify and validate new methods for drug analysis
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and SkillsYou have:
• Knowledge of laboratory practices, techniques, and scientific theories in such disciplines as chemistry, pharmacology or related disciplines and are able to apply them to forensic toxicology
• Knowledge and experience with laboratory instrumentation and extraction procedures used for the analysis and testing of a range of biological and non-biological evidence materials (e.g., gas and liquid chromatography, immunoassay, mass-spectrometry, etc.)
• Knowledge of and ability to follow laboratory quality assurance practices as well as health and safety regulations
• Knowledge of safe handling of biological samples as well as experience applying standard laboratory protocols and policies
• Knowledge in data processing from analytical instrumentation
Time Management Skills• You can prioritize and complete assigned analytical tasks while producing high-quality analytical results in a timely manner
• You are able to multi-task and respond to changing work priorities
• You are able to meet service needs for internal and external customers
Communication (oral and written), and Interpersonal Skills• You can work effectively within a structured team environment and contribute to the overall productivity of the team
• You can effectively communicate with management and co-workers as well as train staff
• You are able to convey highly technical information clearly and concisely to non-technical audiences (eg: deliver lectures and presentations to both scientific and non-scientific audiences)
Analytical, Problem-Solving and Trouble-Shooting Skills• You have demonstrated ability to solve problems and to trouble-shoot laboratory analytical and equipment problems
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
calendar_today12 hours ago
location_onSault Ste. Marie, Canada
work Ministry of the Solicitor General