Junior IT Administrator (BB-7C29B)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Description:We're Frozen Mountain Software, a global leader in flexible live video conferencing and streaming software solutions--we are all about connecting people, everywhere, to what matters most. We're a hidden gem that is based in the heart of Surrey, BC (the fastest-growing city in the province!) In 2018 and 2019 we were awarded Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers and we were recently featured in the City of Surrey's 2017-2027 Economic Strategy for our commitment to nurturing a great culture.
At Frozen Mountain, we also do everything we can to look after our FM Family (employees!) from flexible work hours to remote work days to tons of free food and snacks, all the way to awesome company events. And that's just the beginning. The teams themselves are high-impact, A-players who are incredibly passionate!
At Frozen Mountain, we're looking for a Junior IT Administrator who shares this sentiment and who applies ingenuity in their work to get the best solutions. If you are an IT Administrator who takes pride in your craft, enjoys the Real-Time Communication world, and has IT administration experience, then come work small miracles with us every day!
What you will be doing:
- Support our FM Family for everything related to IT--what does that mean? (install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot and support anything that can be plugged in.)
- You've got your ear to the ground, so you know when all new hires or departures are taking place. Like a ninja, you already have a plan of action for all hardware and software to be in place prior to hiring/end dates.
- Set up accounts, workstations, and assist with any A/V for company meetings and events.
- Administer VoIP phone system (3CX).
- Participate in strategic IT planning/upgrades.
- Perform security audits and firmware upgrades.
- We love to share and transfer knowledge as much as possible, so you will build an internal wiki with technical documentation and manuals.
We're often asked, \"what does it take to succeed at Frozen Mountain?\" You've got to have a huge appetite for learning, take ownership, and be smart without having an ego. Here at FM, we believe in the FORCE! (Family, Ownership, Resourcefulness, Community, Excellence) Is the FORCE strong within you? Below are more details of what we are looking for in this role.
- Diploma/Degree in IT from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience working as a helpdesk / IT support role supporting a small to medium organization
- You are the first point of contact for IT support, service with a smile and an eagerness to help others is a must
- Ability to troubleshoot/resolve software/hardware issues
- Understanding of Windows & macOS
- Understanding of LAN/WAN
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Understanding of Cloud technologies (nice to have)
- Proven experience supporting a plethora of technologies, servers, networks, and phone systems (particular experience with Active Directory, AWS, Meraki, Linux, 3CX VoIP Systems, Firewalls) are assets.
What's in it for you?
- Extend Health Benefits paid 100% by the company, RRSP matching up to 5%
- Internal opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Free snack bars, fruits, veggies, specialty coffee and tea, and soft drinks in the office (and of course the Nespresso machine!)
- Weekly catered lunches, monthly pub nights, and 8 awesome staff and family events, per year
- Comfortable, ergonomic workspaces with top-notch hardware
- Work-from-home days, flexible office hours, and a relaxed office environment
- A space where egos are checked at the door, sleeves are rolled up to lend you a hand, ping pong is serious business, and where the CEO will know you by name, rather than by number.
Created by brothers Anton and Jerod Venema in 2008, FM has grown to over 40 employees and 400 customers in 47 countries worldwide. Through technology and innovation, we inspire and enable development teams through industry-leading enterprise-class real-time streaming and analytic solutions. With products built from the ground up, we live and breathe RTC technology. Come work for a company that is built by Developers, for Developers!
Frozen Mountain is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
calendar_today1 day ago
work Frozen Mountain