Storekeeper-Mandarin Speaker (BB-36DEA)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
The Storekeeper’s primary responsibility is to maintain all food, chinaware, glassware, hollowware/flatware and table linen stores. This includes the organizing, receiving and issuing from these areas, ensuring accurate inventory counts and par levels, and helping to identify cost and expense reductions.
• Coordinates the day-to-day activities for the Provisions area and for the Assistant Storekeeper and Utility Stores, which includes but is not limited to: ordering, receiving, inspections, stock rotation, storing, inventory schedules and inventory issuances.
• Maintains organized and clean storerooms that are properly labeled, and product is protected and safeguarded.
• Rotates product in stores in accordance to first-in-first-out (FIFO) system and also by expiration dates.
• Assists with preparing external orders of food, chinaware, glassware, hollowware, flatware, and table linen for the Provision Master.
• Supervises receiving and inspection of inventories for conformity with Norwegian specifications, quantity and quality as per order.
• Assists with validating invoices based on received orders.
• Produces and distributes a Loading Variance Report based on discrepancies between the items ordered and internal regulations.
• Receives and stores all related inventory according to company procedures, as well as, governmental and internal regulations.
• Receives and fills internal requisitions, and issues the product requested and approved according to Company policy.
• Provides completed internal requisition paperwork to the Provision Master on a daily basis.
• Assist with controlling waste and spoilage of product.
• Track and report dead and slow-moving inventory to the Provision Master. Ensure depletion plans for these items are being followed by the relevant business owners.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Minimum of two year experience as a Storekeeper or Food and Beverage Storeroom Attendant for a high volume multi-outlet food and beverage operation, or previous shipboard experience in the same position is required.
• Minimum of two year experience working with vendors and suppliers as well as inspecting products for quality and adherence to specifications is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise, Micros), including an Inventory Control Management system is required.
• High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
• Training Course Certificates in the areas of USPH, safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures from a recognized educational institution are required.
• Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
•Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters and share limited space with other cabin-mates
calendar_today2 days ago
work Seamax International Cruise Ship Employment Services