Lead WordPress Developer (remote) (BB-EE97E)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Leverage the power of WordPress in new ways for mission-driven organizations
As the primary WordPress developer, you’ll address architectural challenges for socially-minded organizations from around the world – from small nonprofits to enterprise clients. You’ll report to the Director of Technology and work closely with a senior-level WordPress technical project manager, UX practitioners, and other developers to expand our WordPress practice. In the last six months, we have developed a custom theme and page builder combo that you’ll own and evolve to help create user-centered content authoring experiences, and framework-based approaches.
We’re not looking for an automaton who sits around waiting for tickets to be assigned. We’re looking for an engaged, proactive team member who is comfortable meeting and interacting with our clients on a regular basis, helping to prepare documentation, and delivering training sessions. You should also have enough experience to gracefully push back against poorly thought out ideas and client requests, persuading your PM and clients alike that your proposed solution would better address the product’s needs.
Candidates for this remote position must reside in the US or Canada. BIPOC applicants will receive priority consideration, particularly if some expressed qualifications can be equivocated with lived experience. If you’re a recruiter or agency, please don’t contact us.
- Excellent communication skills for both internal and client-facing communications.
- Time management and prioritization skills to balance long-term innovation with client project needs.
- Advanced, senior-level experience developing and theming. Design will supply assets in Figma+Zeplin and you’ll either do the rest yourself, or with other devs behind you on large projects.
- Can write your own plugins to solve customer problems. And know when an existing plugin is best.
- Mastery of web standards and best practices, particularly the ability to write meaningful, semantic HTML that responds across devices and breakpoints, degrades gracefully, and meets (or exceeds) the latest accessibility guidelines.
- Comfortable with modern development practices and build tools. We use JIRA extensively, GitHub, CircleCI, Composer, etc.
- Manage updates across multiple sites and maintain workflows for core and plugins.
- Optimize performance with caching and monitoring.
- Familiarity with modern website security best practices for WordPress and beyond.
- Agile experience working with teams leveraging Scrum, Kanban or similar methodologies.
- Familiarity with component-driven design practices
- Wordpress migration experience
You might also know about
- Cloud hosting with WP Engine and/or Pantheon
- Web analytics
- User experience, information architecture
- Writing clear and concise documentation
- Knowledge of other frameworks like Drupal, Craft, React, or Gatsby
Working With Us
People are at the ♥ of everything we do.
Kalamuna is driven by a civic spirit to help socially impactful institutions, nonprofits, and governments better communicate with constituents and do right by the people they serve. We bring digital communications to life for organizations as varied as Fair Trade USA, GreenBiz, the American Foundation for the Blind, the Environmental Defence Fund, the Smithsonian, UC Berkeley, Stanford, Bay Area FasTrak, and the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.
Kalamuna’s mission is to empower our clients with the research, strategy, design, and technology that will transform their organizations to better serve the needs of their audiences and communities. Kalamuna aligns itself in this manner to make each of our client’s missions our mission. We seek to be impactful, not only for our clients and partners but for the social good of our communities.
We’re committed to your excellence and continued development; we’re in this together. Kalamuna offers many benefits, including health insurance, a continued learning stipend, an equipment fund, 401(k) with 3% match. When pandemic-free, we organize company-wide gatherings like team building workshops, conferencing, and additional fun.
We’re looking for individuals with a broad range of interests and experiences to be their authentic selves. Your story, your passion is what interests us most. Meet some of our team at https://youtu.be/K1rtt6oKGEs.
Commitment to Diversity
Kalamuna is committed to eradicating institutional discrimination and bias and to uplifting the lived experiences of all minorities.
As such, Kalamuna welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LGBTQ+ people; immigrants or refugees; people who are differently-abled; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Kalamuna is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status and policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that complies with applicable laws.
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today3 days ago