Threat Intelligence Security Researcher, Cyber Intelligence Centre (BB-7AD1B)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Description:Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Calgary; Vancouver; Vaughan
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Our Threat Intelligence Practice is currently seeking a Security Researcher who is self-motivated, energetic, driven for success and curious. The researcher will be a crucial player in building a world-class Threat Intelligence program that is aligned with our strategic direction in Canada and within the broader global ecosystem.
What will your typical day look like?
- Continuously monitor security events globally, both Cyber and Non-Cyber
- Produce high quality written assessments of global security events for clients
- Review and update proprietary Deloitte infrastructure with the latest TTPS, IOC & IOAs. Adding Context to events
- Produce actionable intelligence in support of other Deloitte entities, such as Incident Response and Threat Hunting
- Produce monthly reports based on client requirements
- Attend monthly client meetings either in person or remotely
- Prepared to be on call if required
About the team
Infrastructure, Networking and Application Security is a critical part of Deloitte's Cyber Risk Services practice, which helps our clients to be Secure, Vigilant and Resilient in the face of an ever-increasing array of cyber threats and vulnerabilities. Our Cyber Risk Services help organizations with the management of information and technology risks by delivering end-to-end solutions, using proven methodologies and tools in a consistent manner. Our services help organizations address timely and pervasive issues such as identity theft, data security breaches, data leakage, cyber security, and system outages across organizations of various sizes and industries, with the goal of enabling ongoing, secure, and reliable operations across the enterprise.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Proven background in research or intelligence. Previous Military or Law Enforcement experience a bonus.
- Any combination of threat intelligence, IT/networking, or information security experience is required.
- Experience with intelligence analysis processes, including Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) and closed source intelligence gathering, source verification, data fusion, link analysis, and threat actors.
- Demonstrable investigative and analytical problem-solving skills with a high level of writing proficiency
- Prior experience with SIEM solutions, Including Splunk and/or Sentinal
- Possesses in-depth knowledge on queries and logs analysis
- Curiosity to get to the root cause
- Desirable certifications include, but not limited to: CompTIA Security+, CEH, CCNP, MCSE, vendors certification such as Cisco, Carbon Black, TrendMicro, Splunk, Qradar, Fortinet, Checkpoint
- Programming skills (Python, Ruby)
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
calendar_today13 hours ago