Senior Consultant, Financial Reporting Analyst (BB-5AAA2)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
The EY Data and Analytics team are specialists in information management, advanced analytics and business intelligence. We implement the information-driven strategies and systems that offer the highest return on investment, profitability, and service or policy outcomes for our clients.
Our consultants work to create a lasting organisational culture that encourages people to use information and technology more creatively and more intelligently to get better business results.
We offer the agility and responsiveness of a small business backed by the resources and reach of a Big Four firm. If interesting, cutting-edge analytics and enterprise intelligence projects in Canada appeal to you, get in touch today.
Your key responsibilities
1. Design, develop, deliver and maintain clean and efficient reports, visualizations, dashboard solutions as per business requirements.
2. Collect, analyze, control and consolidate financial data to establish financial statements and regulatory reports.
3. Build financial valuation models.
4. Advise clients on regulatory accounting requirements and implementation optimizations/best practices that apply to reporting and consolidated statements.
5. Translate business requirements for reporting projects into design and detailed specifications that can be passed on to BI/Reports developers for execution.
6. Mentoring junior team members
7. Providing business analysis input to pre-sales activities
8. Working in mixed discipline project teams to deliver tailored advice to financial services clients
Skills and attributes for success
1. Development experience in a reporting, analytics, and data analysis roles specifically with the use of BI tools such as PowerBI, Jet reports, Tableau.
2. In depth knowledge of PowerBI, including development, building and maintaining PowerBI workflows.
3. Ability to identify data required to understand a given problem or business situation and use appropriate data.
4. Good understanding of financial sector regulations such as IFRS9, IFRS17, Solvency,…
5. Knowledge of at least one programming language (SQL, SAS, VBA, Python, R, etc.)
6. Good analytical and conceptual thinking skills; to not only manipulate but also derive meaningful interpretations from data.
7. Critical thinking, problem solving, ability to work independently
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Minimum of bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, financial engineering, actuarial degree or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years experience working on AI and Advanced Analytics projects and large implementations in the Financial Services and Insurance industry.
Ideally, you'll also have
• Experience working in ETL tools such Azure, SAS…
• CPA, CFA, CIA member
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
calendar_today9 hours ago